231.-€ for one photo on ibay

He is back
:jaw:

the photo is still "original" and all the usual bla bla,
the price is normal at the moment, but lets see and wait.
The same seller did not use "special" tag words
so he will get no "special" price this time, I guess?

Original-Foto HJ | eBay

I noticed that too! I strongly suspect that the photos were taken out of an album where the photo-by-the-window was an annual event for this particular jugend and his family.

It's a practice with which I am familiar. My parents used to photograph me in front of our apple tree. :)

A photo as shown in post 1 has no value, in my opinion. It is not worth more then 2,31 euro. Not even that!
The photo from post 9 hardly has a value either. Just a HJ boy. Maybe such photos attract "young boy lovers",
no more then thay!

I agree, Wilhelm.

I do buy a lot of HJ photos. All things being equal -- and only military collectors are bidding -- I think there are general factors that will drive up an HJ photo:

1. Photos of older HJ are far rarer than younger members. If you have a photo of an HJ in his late teens (17, 18, 19), the photo will likely do well.

2. Clear studio portraits of HJ in uniform tend to do better than those taken "in the field."

3. Size matters. Most German snapshots are very small and you have to look at them with a magnifying glass to pick out details. The larger the better.

4. Aesthetics matter. If the photo is taken outdoors, was the subject in focus? Does the exposure show a wide range of black, grey, and white?

5. Does the photo show unusual activity or indicia of membership in a rare HJ-Gebiet? For example, photos of HJ flying over the fields of Germany in a rinky-dink glider are fairly common. Photos of a South African HJ with an impala he just shot are rare and would shoot through the roof.

Just my 2 cents.

Robert666, I know how to make my choices when a see a photograph, not only for the HY,
but also for other organizations as well. Doing this for many years (30-40).
A photo that does not "say" a thing, I hardly or never can use for one of my books. The
aspects for the situation or the uniform, tell me what to do!

Here is a photo I paid 55 dollars for that at the time I thought was an outrageous price ... Wilhelm can use in one of his future books if he pleases . It has all the aspects that you would want in a photo ...an upgraded regular em HJ Wintermutze with added cord for Jungvolk leader with a German Army cap eagle and Gebirgsjager Edelweiss . The young man also is displaying 4 awards including a Kreiseiger and wearing a lanyard for an acting Gefolgschaftführer .

The amount I paid for this photo is a far cry from the amount that someone who (for there own personal reasons) had to have the photo and was willing to pay a ridiculous amount that started this thread showing a feminine looking young boy .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Nice photograph, Joecool. Maybe I can use it whenever I start the volume(s) for the headgear
series. HJ was intended to become volume 6, but plans are changed, in accordance with the
publisher Bender. The size for the book is the problem!
Maybe it will be volume 8 and 9. That's up to Bender and we stay alive enough years to complete
and finish!

Back