What happens when you run out of display space...

Thanks Received
Hi guys, I just wanted to light heatedly show what happens when you run out of display tower space, but your collection keeps growing. I plan to have two new towers built by next week, but until then, the organized chaos will be the norm. Believe it or not, if someone asked me to retrieve a certain item, I would know exactly where it is located.

As you can see, my collecting goes beyond HJ items, and goes into other nationalities.

Oh, and my collection is MUCH larger then these two shelves. There are drawers and cabinets also.

I'm really looking forward to displaying my HJ items in an organized, nicely displayed fashion.

On a different note, one of my favorite non-HJ/German acquisitions is visible in this photo. It is on the second shelf toward the middle. It is a photograph of a female Soviet pilot, personalized by her, as well as what appears to be her best friend and comrade who served with her in the war. i found it at a militaria show and for some reason just took to it. I really like items that are associated with a specific individual or individuals.

Anyway, I will update with pic's of this collection as it is displayed properly in the towers that will be built.

Thanks for looking.

-Craig
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

i would frame up some of the ausweis & photos/documents etc,& wall mount them.still looks great though

si

i tend to rotate my displays also,.putting items away for a period of time & getting them back out again after a month or two,.then when you get them back out again its almost like you have a new piece,.you sort of miss it in a way.

si

Thanks Wingman. Good advice. I hope to have some new display cabinets constructed this weekend.

Then this problem is a non-event...until I collect more...hehe.

Thanks for looking and your idea's!

-Craig

Lovely HJ items you have there, Craig. But personally, I would not display the Russian staff with that of the HJ. At least not on the same shelf. Just my opinion.

same

Same problem I have, I have much more but this case is full & the case was 1 of 2 that were for sale but I was only able to acquire the 1. I have pole tops on a wall shelf & some stored away in boxes along with some desk pieces.
Mike41

Attachments

Back