Early (1926) HJ Uniform regulations

Thanks Received
Early - 1926 - HJ uniform regulations.

Richtlinien für das Verhältnis zwischen NSDAP und Hitler-Jugend e.V. vom 5. Dezember 1926.

Die Kleidung der HJ ist das Braunhemd. Es darf nur offen (Schiller) getragen werden und ohne Halstuch (ohne Selbstbinder). Auf Halsaufschlag wird ein grüner Schillerkragen aufgelegt, auf die Ärmelaufschläge und auf die Klappen der Brusttaschen werden grüne Auflagen genäht. Näheres durch HJ- Reichsführung und Warenvertrieb.

Mitgliedern der NSDAP wird erlaubt, den Halsaufschlag unten durch das Parteiabzeichen zusammenzuhalten.

Alle Abzeichen der SA sind für die HJ verboten.

Tragen der Partei-Fahnen und der Partei-Armbinden ist für die HJ verboten.

Translation. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Guidelines for the relationship between NSDAP and Hitler Youth. Issued December 5, 1926

The clothing of the HJ is the brown shirt. It can only be carried open (Schiller = open collar) and without scarf (without tie). A green Schillerkragen (open collar) is placed on the neckopening, green pads are sewn on the cuffs and on the flaps of the breast pockets. More information by HJ-Reichsführung and merchandise distribution.

Members of the NSDAP are allowed to close the lover open collar by the party badge.

All badges of the SA are forbidden to HJ.

Wearing Party Banners and Party armbands is forbidden for the HJ.

Source: Erich Blohm: Hitler-Jugend sociale Tatgemeinschaft.
Pages 371-373
Publ. 1977 (1979)

Hi Henrik,

yes, I remember reading this. This agreement came about as a result of Hitler placing the HJ under the control of OSAF in Nov 1926 and the bit I remembered most was the description of the shirt with the green patches on the collar, pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs. I've never yet seen a photo of this kind of shirt in wear but it would be great to see.

Back