DJ Jungstammführer?

Thanks Received
Hi Gents,

since we were talking about it anyway on this occasion I would like to contribute a photo of my collection. At the same time I would also like to raise a question to the uniform of this boy.
So, here it is: a DJ boy of Bann 100 (Dresden) without any rank insignia but post 38 (as stated here - up to today I thought the introduction date would have been 1941) shoulder straps. However, he is wearing a Jungstamm leader's lanyard. Could he have been honestly a Jungstamm leader without being promoted to ANY rank?

Can anyone shed light on that? Maybe I have missed something?

Daniel

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Daniel,

No, as you say, it wouldn't have been possible for him to have held that appointment if we go with what we can see on the photo (no shoulder rank). The rank range for the appointment of Jungstammführer after 1939 was Oberfähnleinführer to Oberjungstammführer. Prior to 1939 the lanyard denoted rank as opposed to appointment so either way we look at this he was not a Jungstammführer :)

That only leaves us with one other option of course and that is a different meaning for the lanyard. Nothing springs to mind immediately.

Back