same kind of stress marks on that one too, possibly from being worn in a distinct way? maybe as cap badges?

Another for the list, M1/152

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Now that is a real nice one.Maby you can answer me this.Were only certain makers making the lug type .Was this through the whole TR period.Or were these only for the knives at a later period.
Some questions i have been meening to ask but just didnt do.

Now that is a real nice one.Maby you can answer me this.Were only certain makers making the lug type .Was this through the whole TR period.Or were these only for the knives at a later period.
Some questions i have been meening to ask but just didnt do.

Pete, not quite sure what you mean? Like the splints on this one marked M1/152? If so, then it would not have been much use on a knife as it wouldn't fit, rather as a cap badge. The knife diamonds have an inset denture in the reverse so that they will sit flush after the splints were bend outwards under the handle, with these, the splints bend inwards, for a cap, or i guess also for a shirt if you wanted big holes in it :001_rolleyes:
Were only certain makers making the lug type
I dont know because i have not really seen that many cap and knife diamonds, but i would image that some makers received certain orders for either, seeing as they could not be combined, i:e. one standard reverse die for all. The membership diamond reverses mostly have raised attachment guides, also unfitting for use as a knife diamond, and the cap splints would not be able to be used on a knife, and also not really on a shirt - you could, but just imagine the great holes. So i would imagine that yes, probably certain makers only made one or the other, but surely there will also have been makers who made all three kinds. Never really thought about this before.
There is also the miniature HJ diamond on a stickpin to consider, there were not that many makers of this little one either, so possibly makers only made what they had orders for, and didnt go out of their way to create, or have created for them, extra reverse dies for all versions.... maybe someone else will know more?

Yes it`s one i sold a few years ago, the Austrian ones are nice, and more or less all the same, as the makers in that area only received permission/licenses to produce after the annexation in mid 1938, a good 3 years after the RZM M1/ system was introduced and a good while after all oddities were ironed out - so we mainly see uniformity amongst the Austrian marked badges/items as opposed to the mess we find from German makers from late 33 through to mid 1935, and even after the M1/ system came into place in Germany in mid 35 we still find a mess, and a rather long period of adjustment that surely went into 1936 before all makers were more-or-less marking their items in a similar fashion.

Ok this is where i am getting confused.I thought the Diomands with the lugs were the same as the ones for the knives.I didnt realise the knife ones had a recess cut away in them to allow for a snug fit.
BUT as in the VERY first post you stated unless we break appart every knife we will never know the makers.
Didnt quite understand that till tonight.~NOW i see your point.
Now a good point has been raised but will never be discussed as we are not in the habit of smashing up HJ knives.
Would be great to see just 1 of those knife badges.Just to know.
The good thing is that i can now collect both types happy they are insignia not for a knife,Thamks mate .Best regards Pete UK

There is an xray of what the knife diamond looks like fitted, and on the forum somewhere are also images of knife diamonds, they have a small round indent in the actual planchet, that the attachment fits into, not onto, like normal attachments, and the prongs are thinner than the cap badge above, and i think longer too... I haven't really seen that many, basically as you say, who wants to smash up a knife handle just to see the diamond.

Hi guys here is a nice one i found while looking at all the Otto Hoffman ones yesterday.
A nice little M1/137 Richard Simm and Sohne, Gablonz a.N.
I think it is ok and it is not on the list.regards Pete :w00t:

Attachments

ADDED, from what i remember the prongs on the dagger diamonds are also thinner than the prongs on the cap badges

Hello chaps.After loosing out on a nice piece today i thought i would cheer me and i hope you by posting this cheeky little number.m1/172 Walter and Henlein Gablonz a. N..:bounce:

Attachments

Hi guys have a painted m1/109 .Glaser and sohn Dresden.Now this is my first painted type so not to sure.The quality of this item dosent look to grand ,this may be just a problem with me as i dont rearly like these painted types.So your views gents.But if good get her on the list

Attachments

Pete, you got this from Liam?

You`d really need to look at this one in more detail. I would pass, purely because it`s ugly, but also because of a few other "problems" But, i guess i would need to have it in-hand to see if the problems i see, really are problems and not just bad camera angles, lighting etc.... (i would have passed on the price too :)

M1/109, although they had an M1/ license pretty early on, only late period badges (all official M1/109 marked NSDAP badges) are known from them, starting around 1939-1940, and not many either. Thats not a warning sign really, in fact it would even help with this because of the shoddy workmanship - but then we would be looking to attribute it to 1944-1945 and not 1939-1940 with this kind of workmanship. The construction also seems different, the reverse die in particular...

It would be best to start with the paint, and take detailed images to see what kind of paint it is, and if it fits in with what we know to be original painted from around the end of the TR period.

Ha there you go .I never liked the dam ting from the start.I was just trying to nail another maker.
Ime sure Liam will take it back no problems.

Ha there you go .I never liked the dam ting from the start.I was just trying to nail another maker.
Ime sure Liam will take it back no problems.
You think they will take it back because you dont like it? I guess it will be hard to actually prove that it`s fake, and to be honest, it might not be... would help to have better images though. If you are going to talk to him, let him know about the fake HJ membership badge he has up :)

Back