I have questions about my Hitler Youth knife. Any suggestions, tips, or answers would be appreciated.

Thanks Received
I'm pretty sure the knife I have is real, but what are the chances that it was actually used? RFS/3 Mölln is craved into the scabbard but I don't know if the Hitler Youth from that area were used during the war.

I never really studied Hitler Youth in detail, but if I remember right, Hitler was sending them out to fight. I know I'll never know for sure where my uncle got it, but it makes me wonder how he ended up with it.

Hi,

I see that you posted a thread on this knife here back in February. Did you manage to get some pictures in the meantime?

Here are the pics:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

My great uncle apparently sent the knife and a flag to my grandpa right after the war and they stayed in a shoe box in his closet for years. After he passed away, I got both of them. I get chills everytime I hold it.

I'm pretty sure the knife I have is real, but what are the chances that it was actually used? RFS/3 Mölln is craved into the scabbard but I don't know if the Hitler Youth from that area were used during the war.

I never really studied Hitler Youth in detail, but if I remember right, Hitler was sending them out to fight. I know I'll never know for sure where my uncle got it, but it makes me wonder how he ended up with it.

Here's my post from the other thread:

RFS Mölln is likely to stand for Reichsfinanzschule Mölln. I don't know exactly when the school was opened but I have a reference for an attendee who studied there in 1940. It was located in the former NCO training school which was finished in 1917.

The HJ members at the RFS were organised into Stämme which were subordinate to the HJ Gebiet in which the school was located so the 3 could stand for Stamm 3. I can't say 100% that this is true in the case of Mölln however as it is not mentioned in the section of the regulations dealing with the raising of the RFS Stamm.

Do you know anything of your great uncle's service?

Hello Garry,

Mölln was officially opened May 8, 1940. This information I found in documentation I found in
the Bundesfinanzakademie at Brühl near Köln. Opening in May, may mean active somewhat earlier.
I do not know if I do have information about how many Stämme did exist there. If I can find it,
I will post it!

Back