HJ diamond stickers - what were they used for ?

Thanks Received
Gentlemen,

do you have any idea what these stickers were used for ?

Each diamond is 10 centimeters high and 5.5 cm wide.

Regards,
Chris

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Interesting , I dont know if they are period though . What I do know about decals is from German helmets . with helmet decals most decales are on the reverse side so when you do apply they are right side up .

they are period. Found together with a members pin and Marine service book.
Manufacturer Carl Schimpf made decals during 30ies/40ies.
Seems to be out of business today.

Attachments

Perhaps decals for scale models of ships, gliders and other miniatures that the members built as part of the technical training they received? Just speculation on my part, I've not seen these before.

Yes, that was also my thought. I have some construction Plans for Baby and Kadett gliders.
Lets see if they used Stickers like these on their model planes.

actually the stickers are not small. Compare to the membership badge. On a helmet they would look huge !

okay because helmets we have been calling fakes had huge decals on them. Still this is one of the most often fakes decals so still important to see genuine period examples. :canada1

stickers were inside the book when found. I showed only the example in good condition, the others have slight damages.
I just do not need all of them, but as long as it is not clear what they are, I will better keep them.

What about the model plane theory? are there any pictures of these planes? did they have decals ?

I've just looked through a pamphlet by Hugo Wegner "Wegweiser 1940 durch den Flugmodellbau" (uploaded by Henrik) and there is no mention of these decals there. That's just one source though of course so it's not a definitive answer.

thank you very much. I had a look at my HJ construction plans and the planes do not show decals as well.
So the next idea is for the HJ donation can which is also unlikely as the design was completely different.
I think this will remain another mystery then :(

Bauplan Nr. 5 "KADETT"

Yes, you are right. Also on my construction plan (Bauplan) for a "KADETT" no HJ sticker is shown.
But when I looked at the cover of the Bauplan I wondered if it originally maybe came with these stickers?
But the HJ sign on the front is slightly smaler 8,5 cm x 4 cm, so it is not as large as the stickers.
So we still have no clue what these where made for or at least used for.

Attachments

too bad noone had a solution to that mystery.
I posted on the WAF as well, but noone answered :(

SAW THE WAF THREAD was expecting a bunch of over the wall ideas but the peace was kept a true enigma. If you ever sell one some would be a buyer. :canada1 MANY THANKS FOR SELLING ME THE DECALS now a prized part of my collection

Last edited:
Bauplan Nr.2 "Baby"

Just saw another construction plan (Bauplan) for a "Baby" at Berliner Auktionshaus. Also no HJ sticker mentioned.
But still no clue what these stickers where made for or at least used for.

Attachments

decals

interesting you bring the subject up at this time as there is a new reference book on the market through Bender called THE HELMET DECALS of the THIRD REICH by NIEWIAROWICZ and LEHRMEN. In the book is an example of two uncut decals as you sold me and by the same maker, also there are two period pics of Hj wearing m16 style helmets with these decals. Still do not think they where meant for helmets due to the wear on M16 helmets so early, and cast my vote to model aircraft until proven wrong.

the decals in this book are from me. Do you think the decals on the helmet are in the right size ? They must look huge on a helmet...

Back