Sachsen single line Hitler Youth triangle

Thanks Received
Hello

I still do not know if i made a good deal with this armdreiecke :confused:
Your opinions are welcome...

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have an example just like the one shown above.

I believe that it is a reproduction as it does glow under a UV light.

Thank you for your comments. Joe, i am also interested by photos of your triangle to compare the construction.

New photos otherwise burn test are ok for my triangle.

Lauri

Attachments

Female specimen, less common but also a fake.

Attachments

Pretty sure now that this Sachsen triangle was made post war for german neo nazi movements :violin:

Attachments

This one is for sale, not a good deal due to suspicious about the authenticity!

The Collector's Guild

Attachments

I would be suspicious of any triangles that are embroidered instead of BeVo, mostly because a number of places manufacture them for the reenactment market as well, such as these folks -> Home

He was a member here and tried to advertise his stuff but I was not very nice to him just could not help myself. As for the triangle on the guild very little gets by PETER but this one is suspicious. Does anyone have written material ref this triangle as if it is genuine must be very early before the bevo mass production kicked in

:canada1

Thanks for the link, a real house of horrors :scared:
I wouldn't consider it a "house of horrors" but it does give collectors something else to worry about when these items are being reproduced in any numbers and may well find their way onto the market as "original" eventually.

Obviously, there is a market for these items to use in reenactment. I get a fair number of inquiries from reenactors regarding the BDM and added a reenactment section to my website for people who are interested in going in that direction. It's mostly folks who have children they want to bring to events, dressed reasonably accurate for the time period they do. (I am also a reenactor, but do a number of different impressions including French & Indian War and WWII US and Soviet.)

Obviously, from a collector's POV there's something else to worry about with items being reproduced, but I think it's fair to say that, at least with BDM/HJ items, most items in (re)production would be quite obvious as such due to materials used and the like.

No prob Chris you are right at many point about the reenactment, even I do not practise (too inaccurate about History in my point of view)

sorry but I still cannot understand how a parent could dress their children up as NSDAP and can not condone justifying repros for this purpose a real sticky point with me

sorry but I still cannot understand how a parent could dress their children up as NSDAP and can not condone justifying repros for this purpose a real sticky point with me

That's alright, Paul. If we all agreed on everything, life would be very boring.

I support reenactment regardless of the time period portrayed or the impression IF it is done for the purpose of educating, rather than for the purpose of running through the woods, shooting blanks. If you can get some school kids interested in history by giving them something to look at an touch, it's all good IMHO.

Incidentally, it's what really got me interested in history - met a group of Roman reenactors. (Well, I guess for that time period, they call it "experimental archeology".)

I also don't have a problem with making reproductions for reenactment - seems a much better thing to do than people buying and wearing original items. I know years ago, when my husband first got into reenactment (in the 80's), most of the Brit reenactors wore original battledress - it was cheap and available then. It isn't now. I bet lots of people are kicking themselves for wearing originals at events now!

I agree re enacting is interesting but dressing your kids up as nazis is not correct they can not make an educated decision . As for the repros the threat of them getting into the markets is a real drawback for new collectors and stifles the hobby be it WW11 German or ALLIED :ballchain:

but dressing your kids up as nazis is not correct they can not make an educated decision
I think that would depend mostly on the age of the kids, though. A lot of the girls who do BDM are in their teens and usually do it because they prefer it over just dressing in civilian clothes of the period since so many people do that. (Reenactment is kind of plagued with people who bring their girlfriends / fiance / spouse and throw them into some random "vintage" clothes, more or less authentic. Drives me nuts. LOL)

But I think we're getting pretty far from the topic. Maybe we can have a discussion on the matter of reenactment elsewhere on the forum, maybe in the Stammtisch sub-forum, instead of mucking up this thread?

Last edited:
Back