RZM paper label colour conventions / regulations

the DJ strap get a B because of the detail in the embroidery of the number
and the HJ gets a C for three things the hand work required for the piping numbers and rank application so the designations make sense here

PAUL

Here's a simple DJ rank with a price tag on it and an "A" designated RZM tag. Why put two price tags on an item if the RZM tag itself represents the price of the item? The debate in this thread is good and raises many questions that may never be fully answered.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

this makes sense the A quality for the DJ patch simply indicates the value level simple machine weave which is indicated by the vendors price tag which only went on once it went into his stock

PAUL

I see that Paul. Where my confusion lies is was this tax stamp what Saris refers to as the "cost of the tag" paid to the RZM to use the tag? Passed on to the customer through the retailer? It sort of goes along with what he has said but sort of doesn't in regard to this letter on the tag. Hope to see some other opinions on this as well.

there where several tag manufacturers and they had a seperate m code with the rzm. In my opinion he has input his personal opinion into this and is once again misleading and causing confusion. The tag makers certainly paid a tax to the RZM but in the end has nothing to do with the info on the particular tag

PAUL

Here's more information on the coloration of the tags from the Saris book.

"The colors for RZM tags as of August 4, 1934 were as follows:

Blue tag for HJ arm insignia, the stiff form of (Steifleinunterlage);HJ arm insignia "embriodered" (garnbestickt).
black for HJ shoulder straps (in general).

I don't have Wilms book, so i don't know if you have quoted all of the info about the colors of the Tags from the 4th August Edition of the RZM paper? in any case, i have scanned a picture from that edition, which has more information on the colors.
If the pic comes out too small, or if nobody can read/Translate it fully, i will do that for you. Starting with blue, black violet, yellow, brown, wine-red, rosa(pink) green, orange

Attachments

I missed this one. Thanks Jo for the information on the tag colors. Wim's book only deals with the A4 manufacturers for HJ insignia related to shoulder straps and triangles so he does not go into detail regarding the other colors. Thanks for posting the scan.

Now being told the patch I have is fake when before it was real?

the DJ strap get a B because of the detail in the embroidery of the number
and the HJ gets a C for three things the hand work required for the piping numbers and rank application so the designations make sense here

PAUL

Did you see my picture of my rzm tag? None of those match up to what mine looks like

So how was it you was able to find that out? I bought from store that got from house of war vet?
Because he is Batman, and hangs upside in house of war vet
Now being told the patch I have is fake when before it was real?
Who told you that? post 32 says the exact opposite?
Did you see my picture of my rzm tag? None of those match up to what mine looks like
Correct:thumb:
I said it at the end of this thread, and i`ll say it again..

Validity and reliability of judgments of authentic and simulated stuttering

So how was it you was able to find that out? I bought from store that got from house of war vet?

always buy the item never the story, its all vet this vet that, who cares its the item your after!

first thing that gives them away to me is the fake looking aging on new white tag, then a closer look comes and you see the font of the printed batch number is wrong, THEN, look how all tags batch numbers they are round the same numbers but from different makers really, what a nice coincidence ? fakes, fugly fugazi's my friend!!

your DJ patch and rzm tag above is original you must have not seen my earlier reply? :crying:

but i think your want Paul to tell you that? so cue Paul A.....

;)

Last edited:
Back