how many cufftitles

i would say fcourse the HJ streifendienst is rare but also the Marinehelfer cufftitles are rare IMO

Thanks patrick , ive read through a few books and in angolia vol 1 he states that the HJ used them on a limited basis although looking at the examples shown not that limited....

Good idea to put a list of these together. I can add these:

HJ-Landdienst
HJ-Streife
Marineoberhelfer
HJ-Geländesportwart
HJ-Schiesswart
HJ-Skiwart
HJ-Sportwart
BDM-Osteinsatz
BDM leader cufftitles (Nord-Hamburg, West-Westfalen etc)

Struggling now...

Add LBA to the list. The one I've seen photos of is handmade, but it was worn as period photos do exist of it in wear.
Edit it was from Sanzburg I think.

Last edited:
Not to open a new thread...

Are the pictures of kids wearing more than one cufftitle?

If so, it was with the same order as it was done in the army. Meaning the eldest will be at the top of the rest?

Regards

Antonio

I can't find a picture, but Toby had one for working on fortifications or something the HJ wore. Not sure if it was exclusive to the HJ or not.

rare ? or home made ?

Has anyone ever seen a "Canary yellow, black edges, cufftite, reading: "Deutsche Wehrmacht, MELDER" ??????
Not important anymore, but just curious, if i am the only one.
HN

home made or real ?

Has anyone ever seen a "Canary yellow, black edges, cufftite, reading: "Deutsche Wehrmacht, MELDER" ??????
Not important anymore, but just curious, if i am the only one.
HN

Hi folks
It's not important anymore; I just heard from the daughter of a Waffen SS officer, that she "used to make" similar cuftitles or armbands for her Dad, if there were no official ones in existence.

They were afterwards stamped with a unit stamp, which made them oficial.

Perhaps a new item for collectors to find ???

Cheers,
HN

They were afterwards stamped with a unit stamp, which made them oficial.

Perhaps a new item for collectors to find ???

Cheers,
HN

That's very interesting to know Haen. Was she doing that in accordance with an instruction/authorisation?

homemade cufftitles

That's very interesting to know Haen. Was she doing that in accordance with an instruction/authorisation?

Ï really don't know, but keep in mind that a great number of private tailors also made uniform paraphernalia on officers uniforms when the need arose.

Especially towards the end of the war there were a lot of improvisations made, when existing stock was depleted or not accessible.

For example I received a "cufftitle" 'Landsturm Niederlande (note the GERMAN spelling), that obviously was not standard issue, "
When I brought it to my Commander's attention he said something like : "Who cares anymore?".

I think, there is a whole new field of collecting possible, just like misstamped coins. :lol: Oh well, only about 10 more years, and everything goes.

H.N.

Ï really don't know, but keep in mind that a great number of private tailors also made uniform paraphernalia on officers uniforms when the need arose.

Especially towards the end of the war there were a lot of improvisations made, when existing stock was depleted or not accessible.

For example I received a "cufftitle" 'Landsturm Niederlande (note the GERMAN spelling), that obviously was not standard issue, "
When I brought it to my Commander's attention he said something like : "Who cares anymore?".

I think, there is a whole new field of collecting possible, just like misstamped coins. :lol: Oh well, only about 10 more years, and everything goes.

H.N.

intresting insight is ''who cares anymore'' thanks for your postings haen:thumb:

Hi Antonio,

yes, there are such picture. Especially the HJ-Geländesportwart
HJ-Schiesswart
HJ-Skiwart
HJ-Sportwart
cufftitles can be seen in different combinations.
I have 1 portrait with 2 of them + 'HJ-Streifendienst' in the middle but sadly the arm of the boy is at the edge of the photo. More interesting are photos with more than 1 triangle :)

Regards,
Sven.

Not to open a new thread...

Are the pictures of kids wearing more than one cufftitle?

If so, it was with the same order as it was done in the army. Meaning the eldest will be at the top of the rest?

Regards

Antonio

Ärmelstreiffen

Hi Sven.
Could scan them and post them, so all of us can see your treasure ?
Thanks.
HN

More bands

Hello everyone,

For my first post, I want to restart this old article about the different cufftitles HJ and BDM. Here is the list prepared by Garry with the additions of members Gefolgschaft and Joecool :

HJ-Landdienst
HJ-Streife (rare variant of the HJ-Streifendienst)
Marineoberhelfer
HJ-Geländesportwart
HJ-Schiesswart
HJ-Skiwart
HJ-Sportwart
BDM-Osteinsatz
BDM leader cufftitles (North Hamburg, West-Westfalen etc.)
LBA
BDM Kriegseinsatz
LW Techn. Vorschule
Ausbildungswesen

I want to add the following bands :

Germanische Jugend
BDM Haushaltungsschule
HJ Aufbaulehrgang Xanten
HJ Aufbaulehrgang Hadamar

To illustrate this, here is a picture of the band Aufbaulehrgang Xanten.

Best regards.

Polux

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back