Jamie Cross fakes

I think it would be better to have a best dealer poll instead of naming and shaming.
One of the dealers who I'm friendly with has surprised me recently and let me say I'm very disappointed with him now, selling some outright fakes.
Its telling me something that there is not much left, its all in peoples collections

haye Dave ye i think that would be a better idea a poll voted by every one on the best dealers for every one witch can be up dated

I do agree with you to Stuart that its how u learn we have all been stung in the past me especially the first thing i ever bout was a German ww2 sniper badge had no idea thy were the Hollie grail and it was a repo silly me But its Costly mistakes and these days allot cant afford to make these mistakes

cheers steve :yo:

the biggest problem is that even though jamie cross has some fakes he also has a lot of genuine stuff, most dealers sell their share of fakes, learn about the item and never take a dealer on his great reputation, weitze at the mo haswhat looks like a bad honor badge which he has put with a good doc to make it seem good, and who remembers the god who was mr niemann who had at least one fake on nearly every update,

[LEFT said:
stuart[/LEFT];26730]the biggest problem is that even though
jamie
cross has some fakes he also has a lot of genuine stuff, most dealers sell their share of fakes, learn about the item and never take a dealer on his great reputation,
weitze
at the mo
haswhat
looks like a bad honor badge which he has put with a good doc to make it seem good, and who remembers the god who was
mr
niemann
who had at least one fake on nearly every update,

Like i said its about time these dealers were
prosecuted
.:rant:

im no expert as new to collecting but i have seen loads of good reports about klaus butscheks site. any thoughts on this dealer ?

darren

OTE=Dave;26731]Like i said its about time these dealers were
prosecuted
.:rant:
[/QUOTE]

:thumbup1: but he has been told in the past but a genuine mistake may i add.

this is the issue dealers like butchek know their area well enough that they should never let fakes slip in to their updates , but yet they still do , so the question is do they now they are fake and hope nobody will say anything or is it a genuine slip ,after all if someone does bring it up all they have to say is sorry and remove it and no harm done

good point stuart,
looks like as a new collector im entering a minefield here. i might just stick to collecting pints of stella artois, at least i know what im getting :lol:
darren

this is the issue dealers like butchek know their area well enough that they should never let fakes slip in to their updates , but yet they still do , so the question is do they now they are fake and hope nobody will say anything or is it a genuine slip ,after all if someone does bring it up all they have to say is sorry and remove it and no harm done

At the end of the day militaria collecting is not a hobby any moor its just a money making racket flooded with fakes on every field.
It makes people fall out and a lot moor.
You new starts don't bother you are probably wasting your money.
If you new starts want to collect may i suggest old timers selling there collections, but you will need big bucks.
end of story.:frusty:

thanks dave, i might just kill myself :violin:just kidding.

At the end of the day militaria collecting is not a hobby any moor its just a money making racket flooded with fakes on every field.
If you new starts want to collect may i suggest old timers selling there collections, but you will need big bucks.
end of story.:frusty:

Mr /Mrs swollocks may i ask what tool kit you have besides books and forums on detecting fakes.
eg Vernier,Black light, grams scales ect.???

Trust no dealer or seller at his word that an item is good. None of them can be "experts" at everything they sell, too much to learn and know. They all can make mistakes or sell bad items. Some of the better ones will stand behind and item and accept return if it is not good but they are few and far between. They are the dealers that understand that they can't be experts on all fields and actually make mistakes, not knowingly selling fake items as legit, private sellers included. How many HJ triangles with a traditions litze have I seen billed as "HJ Leader Triangles"? Dozens. Go on an item by item basis. If you are not sure don't spend the money. If you are starting out pick a small area that is not really costly like HJ member badges for example. Learn all you can about them from all resources at your disposal (there are tons of resoruces out there) and then make small purchases of items you know are legit. Read the fourms and look at items people post from thier collections. Most people have an area of particular interest, learn who they are and they will most likely help you. For example I would not ever consider buying a Sieger badge without showing it to Stu before spending the money on it.

I see people who are complete novices buying expensive SS items from god knows where that turn out to be rubish and posting them up on "is it real" type threads all the time. That's crazy. Stay away from exotic, rare, scarce, whatever the descriptor is unless you are certain they are legit items or you are likely to get burnt.

If the item or price seems to good to be true it is, anybody can use google to determine values easily nowdays. Never believe the story about uncle Phil bringing back some black knife from the war with a "natzi" eagle and a "keychain" on it, who's selling it for "five hundert dollaz". People are just not that ignorant anymore with widespread access to the internet.

It is a minefield but there are some "mine detectors" that can help to navigate it. :rant:

Last edited:
Trust no dealer or seller at his word that an item is good. None of them can be "experts" at everything they sell, too much to learn and know. They all can make mistakes or sell bad items. Some of the better ones will stand behind and item and accept return if it is not good but they are few and far between. They are the dealers that understand that they can't be experts on all fields and actually make mistakes, not knowingly selling fake items as legit, private sellers included. How many HJ triangles with a traditions litze have I seen billed as "HJ Leader Triangles"? Dozens. Go on an item by item basis. If you are not sure don't spend the money. If you are starting out pick a small area that is not really costly like HJ member badges for example. Learn all you can about them from all resources at your disposal (there are tons of resoruces out there) and then make small purchases of items you know are legit. Read the fourms and look at items people post from thier collections. Most people have an area of particular interest, learn who they are and they will most likely help you.

Very well said!

Cheers
Don

end of story.

i agree with everything said in this thread except two things~

naming bad dealers in a poll or so is not the way to go on this forum, if you want to see that carry on go elsewhare as its out there on certin forums, it just doesnt sit right with me that one not because i support there criminal acts or anything but i dont agree with ''any publicty is GOOD publicty''!! it will only attract unwated attention :001_huh:

and daves above qoute

''You new starts don't bother you are probably wasting your money.''

old time collectors once told me when i found these forums for the first time over two years ago, that you have to know what your buying before you buy! never a more true word said! after finding the forums and outing my few fakes like this AH party badge i got some good advice already stated by stu buy some good books FIRST saves you alot of sleepless nights and lolly in the long run!

having said that i can see whare old timers like dave are now pissed off because 60/70% of the gear on the market is fake crap and it has now turned into an investment game with most and not a passion/hobby

my advice to any new collector (even myself here) is to buy good books on what ever area interests you and stick with the forums and reading and also making FRIENDS! nobody likes a know it all. :thumbup1:

looking back at this AH badge its so so bad looking that now i would never buy another one, once you have the real badge in your hands you will never buy another dodgy one these party badges have a real nice transparent enamel almost like glass as do the hj membership diamonds which the fakes never have also the repros of these badges are very black looking to the back a patina never took on by a real badge also the front enamels are sunken around the letters aswell as having a dark red enamel inside of transperant, below in the first two pics is the AH badge first piece i ever bought and its fake! now look at the last two pics can you see the diffrence?

look listen and learn :popcorn:

happy hunting to the lot of yous:thumb:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
bloody hell ewan i thought the first badge looked better ! haha just kidding.
again good advice from the forum
darren :clap2:

no need for you to own the first badge type now, with all types of party badges and hj diamonds they have nice clear enamels ;)

BEWARE OF GREEN,PURPLE,BLUE,YELLOW,GREEN, COLOURED HJ MEMBERSHIP PINS THEY ARE ALL FAKE!! ALSO MADE IN THE 60'S YOU CAN TELL BY THE COLOURS LOL :blink:

cheers,Ewan

Back