Area Südost (Ostmark) BDM complete

Thanks Received
Half - way to my goal to collect all area triangles from the Südost (Ostmark) Area, finished the BDM part today. Still three missing pieces from the HJ as you can see from my signature, but time will come.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

What HJ triangles are you looking for ?

HJ Südost Kärnten
HJ Südost Salzburg
HJ Südost Tirol-Vorarlberg

I think these may be the most difficult ones to find from this area. Nearly had my hand on two of these but got outbid in the last second...

HJ Südost Kärnten
HJ Südost Salzburg
HJ Südost Tirol-Vorarlberg

I think these may be the most difficult ones to find from this area. Nearly had my hand on two of these but got outbid in the last second...

Hi Michael,

Nice collection of BDM triangles.

I had the same thing with the HJ Tirol-Vorarlberg not that long ago.

And that's the only one, I don't have in the Sud-Ost area for me. (I do not collect BDM triangles).
So it is better to get used to it, because for those rare ones some guys are willing to go a long way and to lay down a lott of money.
Collecting can get sometimes very frustrating.
Mike
:belgium

Yep we re talking about the same one. Had put up my hopes to get it but... we both know the outcome. Yes one day I hope to put yhis one also in my collection.
mike

There is much competition for any good items nowadays, you must be quick to add them to your collection it seems. Items also seem to be increasing in cost every day. A two edged sword as collections increase in value but it becomes very costly to add new items to them. In this hobby sometimes you can wait years for an item to be offered. The best items sometimes never even make it to the open market, being traded amongst collectors that know each other. The best way is to network and let other collectors know when they have items of interest to you that you would like a chance to buy them if they decide to sell.

Totally agree with what you say. But I also acknowledge a breakdown in prices when selling "regular" items like an Iron Cross or something. Bought a piece 5 years ago for EUR 85,- and must be happy to sell it for EUR 50,-...

Networking is imho the best chance to get what you are looking for. I am not so much into shoulder straps, if I see some I contact a friend of mine who collects these... the other way round works the same.

Back