Thanks Received
Hi everyone,

I am starting to build a Flakhelfer mannequin.
So far I have the Bluse and the helmet.
Recently I added the Luftwaffe belt and buckle and HJ Leistungsabzeichen (not pictured yet).
Currently on the way is the LH-breast eagle, HJ armband and shoulder boards.
Stay tuned :)

Chris

P.S. looking for a Flakhelfer cap - if anyone sees one
P.P.S.: oh yes, and a trouser of course... this will be the hardest to find item.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

the flak caps are every where on the internet try the vetransfootlocker.com there is also one on germanmilitariacollectables.com, victory militaria had one also, relic hunter has one and there are a few more out there too !! $325 to $350 range these will be if you could get one at $300 or below it would be a good deal.

good luck with the restore !

Thanks for all the hints on dealers, I am going to take a look at their shops.
On the other hand I usually do not buy from dealers, as they are too expensive for my available budget.
It should definitely be under $300. Better would be from a private collector for around $250.

Victory Militaria has it for $250, but since I am located in Europe shipping is too much risk for me (+ taxes, + trouble with the laws here....).
Need to find a European dealer or some nice US citizen who is going to visit Germany soon ;)

Nice to see the project! Here is a very good example of a Flakhelfer cap at Tarn Militaria. The price is on the higher side, but this one is an RZM model in great condition.

Attachments

thanks for the link to the cap. If I do not find a good one until 2014, I might consider buying this cap - if it is still available by then.

Nice to see the project! Here is a very good example of a Flakhelfer cap at Tarn Militaria. The price is on the higher side, but this one is an RZM model in great condition.

thats a Flieger winter mutze mate note that tag and grommets, Flak caps are later pieces which are RB numbered in the silk lining, i agree most dealers sell fake from time to time!

myself , i wouldnt hesitate buying it from VM and just ship it with tracking code.

in my opinion the wings of the eagle are curved to the outside, whereas the original eagle has straight wings.
It might be that the appearance is wrong due to the closeup of the picture which might distort the perspective, but looking at the backside picture it is clear to me the wings are not straight as they should be.
Is the buckle also missing the RZM and makers mark ? I cannot see anything on the pictures.

//edit: I found a picture:
left: straight wing (original)
right: round wing (copy)

//edit 2: compare the eagle's head of the copy with the one TarnMilitaria is selling. It is the same head with the "glasses" on.

Attachments

in my opinion the wings of the eagle are curved to the outside, whereas the original eagle has straight wings.
It might be that the appearance is wrong due to the closeup of the picture which might distort the perspective, but looking at the backside picture it is clear to me the wings are not straight as they should be.
Is the buckle also missing the RZM and makers mark ? I cannot see anything on the pictures.

//edit: I found a picture:
left: straight wing (original)
right: round wing (copy)

//edit 2: compare the eagle's head of the copy with the one TarnMilitaria is selling. It is the same head with the "glasses" on.

thanks for the reply and comparison pic, your of course right on reflection the eagles long talons are a dead give away as is the writing font, good job i dont buy buckles lol of course i didnt look to well , tell you what the rear catch and claws are quite good they have of course flunked the eagle etc!

its also mint with no use marks to the catch area!

BTW Tarn militaria is a BAD place to shop he refuses to take items back after 1 week no matter what his web says so beware there to, anything after a year you didnt buy it there etc !!!

Thanks, I will keep this in mind. I am in no hurry. Until I find a cap, the boy is happy wearing his steel helmet.

Shoulder boards still on their way, and also still a lot missing: helmet liner, chinstrap, shirt, tie, trouser, socks, boots.

Here are some pictures with the insignia in place, before I sew it on.

Attachments

what the....??

It seems the shoulder board is much small than whatever was there before.
Also the backside is wider, so it does not fit into the loop.
What's wrong here? Any idea...?

Attachments

I think that bluse was used by a flieger Hj member and not necessary a flakhelfer. By the way I would like to see the rest of mannequins!

they are 10x3.7 centimeter (3.94 x 1.47 inches). Another collector has 2 pairs and they measure the same.

they are 10x3.7 centimeter (3.94 x 1.47 inches). Another collector has 2 pairs and they measure the same.

Mine are close to the same, not exact but I'm using a ruler to measure. Some of my Flieger straps appear a little longer, perhaps it did have Flieger straps on it. Any sign of the loops or buttons being resewn? This could account for the straps not fitting as well.

If you take a look the buttons are numered for the gefolgschaft and I gues for flakhelfer not need to be numered

Back