Teufelsmütze

Thanks Received
Hello collectors, i have no problem with this tagged cap being of TR vintage! :thumb:

both tags have a nice tight weave ( the fakes not so ) that almost have a diamond look to it with the bare eyes when in hand, some details are obscured with to much ink and has bled through the RJF statement below BDM-MUTZE and a ring from around the RZM, the item number fonts have a slight difference and the mutze has no NO in front, this differences dont bother me as there is plenty variation with HJ oil cloth tags, the sommermutze as an example.

even tho the Halstuch tag is worn its easy to see/feel they are the same quality and material.

the full cap in hand seems pretty much unworn going by the joining seems in the insides at at the neck area , these are un worn/agitated, the caps been folded in half lining the white strips up and something has damaged it as both white parts have small holes at the same point that line up either side. under an eye glass you can even see where the mint tag is starting to go white with wear/age here and there and is the same as the other.

its neatly made as the cloth close up shows, hopefully there is enough images to show what i mean, this is not my best point :frusty:

all in all i am as Happy as Larry with it!

any comments welcome folks!

:thumb:

p.s sorry about the picture order who knows who malfunctioned me or the computer..

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Ewan ... it looks ok to me . This is one that I still do not have in my collection .

Also Ewan ..... I sent Toby the "you know what " .

from a Kletter on the recent guild update, same tag type, same wear, and same font/writing styles as the BDM mute tag :001_smile:

Attachments

Hello Ewan,

If I can help you with that one. I have a doubt with your label :001_unsure:

Attachments

Precisely, for a new label, I find the lettering is very blur and with little definition. The label of the halstuch is worn but the fonts very readable.

Precisely, for a new label, I find the lettering is very blur and with little definition. The label of the halstuch is worn but the fonts very readable.

hey mate i realise this and it has been a problem at printing if one tag is fake so is the other :crying:, the BDM on it is the same on the Kletter BDM one above , same shape/quality so is the tag material, i think if you hand it in hand you would agree, but we might need to agree to disagree here, there is just honestly to many good matches from me to feel its bad :)

I agree with you, nothing replaces an exam with his own hands:) I hope that other members will also give their opinion on this label.

I agree with you, nothing replaces an exam with his own hands:) I hope that other members will also give their opinion on this label.

:thumb:

and i agree with you there too, imho its not needed on the label but the fact it has bleed through!

we see it all the time with screen printed RKF flags from the period so why not a tag? all the few euro ebay fakes are readable and not blurred doesnt mean they are original my friend :001_smile: i only feel this is a printing error and knew this and these details were obscured when i bid, the chance for me was on the tag material, item number font! i see its a C same as the one you show ! i just wished this cap was used some more :001_smile:

Back