Early Gottlieb HJ knife - authentic?

Thanks Received
hello i have the opportunity to buy an attached HJ knife gottlieb early type if i'm not wrong.does it looks real for You?the diamond is moving.the price is a equality of 130$ is it good for such conditioned example?i guess that scabbard is not correct with that maker-it have a round tip.or maybe is?
best regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The knife and scabbard are genuine but the motto has been added by someone, it is not a manufacturer produced motto.

It would be interesting to get some better pics of the motto side of the blade to see if there is evidence of the original motto.

Who is selling it?

Regards

Russ

this is the best photo that i have at this moment.no current signs of original motto.the seller is a private collector a german nationality.
thank you for the answer,best regards.

Attachments

Last edited:
I've got two Gottlieb Hammesfahr HJ knives, an early and a late one (you can have a look at them in the forum). As Russell has told you, the scabbard and the blade are authentic but the strangely added motto has simply spoilt the knife. The motto is more than disgusting. The price is really low for a M7/67 HJ knife, but I would never buy it: I wouldn't like to set my eyes on such a horrible motto which spoils the blade and, by extension, the knife. Hope this helps.

thank You very much for the answer,i've actually passed the buy.the knife itself wasn't so bad for this price but i don't want to gazing at this abuse.
best regards

Thanks for the extra pic.

The original motto could have been well worn away and perhaps someone tried to trace over it with a dremel tool or something similar.

Regards

Russ

Back