Recommended reading?

Thanks Received
Hi Guys

Im becoming more and more interested in learning about the HJ, DJ etc

Can anyone here recommend any books that are still currently available and affordable to covers all things HJ etc?

Im not too lazy to look myself ;) but there is so much stuff out there on the internet I dont know where to start!

And nor do I know what the good publications are

thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. There are a few reference books for HJ collectors. Anogolia's "The HJ vol 1 and 2" are currently out of print, so you have to find them on the various forums or ebay and the like. David Littlejohns HJ is a another good book. There are a series of three books called "Youth Led By Youth" written by Phil Baker that are also must haves. Also there are various articles here on the forum that are helpful with specific items or subjects.

Thanks

yes I am already enjoying being a member of this forum and am currently making my way through all the threads

a lot to catch up on!

thanks once again

dave

Hi Dave
" IN A RAGING INFERNO" combat units of the hitler youth 1944-45 is a informative book in softcover and quite cheap,

cheers steve

Hi,

Just joined the forum and catching up with the posts.

I thoroughly recommend The Hitler Youth; Origins and Development 1922-1945 by H W Koch.

I note is is mentioned in other posts listing members libraries. An excellent book with many anecdotes and intersting (unbiased) information on both the history of the HJ, and its operation.

I daresay it is out of print now (my edition 1975) but worth the price for a 2nd hand copy.

I agree with all Youth led by Youth is beyond reproach as a source book (if somewhat costly).

Back