1939 (fat neck) Reichssieger badge?

Thanks Received
I believe that this one is a high quality reproduction & believe it is one of the fat neck fakes, am I correct? Also along with the makers mark lettering the diamond looks odd. Am I correct or just being too cautious. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You're right Mike. That's definitely a modern copy. The fakes of this and the Gausieger for 1938 and 1939 that I have seen all have the diamond protruding too far fom the bottom of the cogwheel, a flat wire pin catch and that thin swastika. Yes, that bird is definitely overweight :)

You're right Mike. That's definitely a modern copy. The fakes of this and the Gausieger for 1938 and 1939 that I have seen all have the diamond protruding too far fom the bottom of the cogwheel, a flat wire pin catch and that thin swastika. Yes, that bird is definitely overweight :)

Garry, thanks for the help as it is very much appreciated. Also what do you think about the letters in the makers mark?
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, they seem closer together than on originals that I've just been looking at. Here's a good badge where a difference in spacing can be seen and here's another fake, this time the Gausieger, that has more "bunched-up" lettering as you showed above:

Attachments

Hi Mike,

Yes, they seem closer together than on originals that I've just been looking at. Here's a good badge where a difference in spacing can be seen and here's another fake, this time the Gausieger, that has more "bunched-up" lettering as you showed above:

I compared the fake badge maker mark to the maker mark on my original 39' Reichssieger and they are not touching as on the repro & as you stated the diamond on the repro protrudes further than on the original badge & on my badge the diamond edge is gold not silver.
Mike