Gauseiger Fake or not? Not sure and would value advice.

Thanks Received
Seen this Gauseiger badge on a militaria website for sale. It is selling at a high price of 600 euros! But is it fake or genuine and is it far too expensive or correctly priced? Many thanks for any advice ... Jo

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks like a good one from what I could tell but the pictures are too small, it looks to have damage to the enamel on the diamond for 600 euro I would wait for one in better condition as these are fairly common JMHO.
Mike

Thanks for the advice. I plan to give the badge previously shown a miss as it is not good for the price . I have since found another Gauseiger badge for sale and it is quite a bit cheaper costing around £300 GBP. Is it still genuine or fake do you think Wim Vangossum..?

Attachments

Thanks for the advice. I plan to give the badge previously shown a miss as it is not good for the price . I have since found another Gauseiger badge for sale and it is quite a bit cheaper costing around £300 GBP. Is it still genuine or fake do you think Wim Vangossum..?

Hi Jo,

That one is a fake. No Gausieger badges were awarded before 1938.

Hi Jo,

That one is a fake. No Gausieger badges were awarded before 1938.

Wow, that's an ugly beast!!! A close look at the horrible head of the eagle tells it all plus the fact, like crack mentioned, no Gausieger badges before 1938. Only 1938, 1939 and 1944 (painted zinc)

Thanks I had read there were some dates when the badges were not produced, although it was mentioned about a 1935 one so I wondered whether it was ok, but again glad to hold back and save my hard earned money until I find one that ticks all the boxes. It is so difficult these days as there are so many forgeries around . All the best Jo

There's a decent article here about the Kreissieger badges (showing when this type was introduced) and the RBWK competition itself: Manufacturers of the Reichsberufswettkampf Kreissieger badges 1938-1939 :thumb:

The only years in which Kreissieger badges were awarded were 1938 and 1939. The Gausieger badges were awarded in 1938, 1939 and 1944 but the latter was a painted version made out of inferior metal. Reichssieger badges were awarded between 1936 and 1939. There was then a gap until the last award of these badges in 1944. The 1936-37 badges were of a different type to the badges awarded in 1938, 1939 and 1944. Again, the 1944 version was painted and of inferior quality. You can see a genuine 1937 badge here (the cogwheel badge) and a genuine version of the type that replaced it in 1938 here.

Still hunting for the elusive genuine badge can you take a look...thanks

This Kriesseiger Badge is on the market. Can you take a look and give an opinion on whether it looks right or not. Hope the images are clear enough as they are all I could get. Big thanks Jo

Third Reich Hitler
Youth Kreissieger 1939 Award Badge, bronze and enamel example with HJ emblem in cog wheel. Reverse with pin and catch fixing. Stamped to the reverse with makers details of “H AURICH DRESDEN A.16”. Good example.

Attachments

You would think if making a reproduction you could at least use a year where the actual item was made.And now I notice listed as reproduction as you stated.