Reichsberufswettkampf participant badge 1938 - Opinions & Some Questions

Thanks Received
Guten Tag Everyone,

Here is a badge I'd like opinions on regarding authenticity. I haven't found any posts here on whether this badge has been copied.

My questions are in the area of badge attributes such as dimensions and weight. Having a career in manufacturing, I've been involved at times with quality standards for parts where either weight or dimensions were critical. I've seen some publications where badge dimensions are mentioned, but very little here. Also I've not seen any reference to weight of badges. This last area is something that has aroused my interest as I was wondering if this could be another attribute that could be used to differentiate originals from fakes. I'm going to post these specifications of this badge and maybe they will be of some use going forward. If this has been discussed previously, maybe someone could share their thoughts with me.

This Reichsberufswettkampf badge is 39mm wide and 50.7mm (51mm) tall and it weighs 10.0 grams. The scale I'm currently using only measures to tenths and while I do have access to one that measures in thousands, I'm skeptical if this would be of any value.

As a last comment, the pictures were taken in an extremely bright LED lighted room, so there is plenty of glare on the finish. The badge has much more of a gun metal look to it than depicted.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Back