HJ Dienstrock opinions

Thanks Received
Hello

Need your advice about (I suppose) this HJ dienstrock (third model?).
How to make difference with a SA dienstrock?
Thanks for the help

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Insignias are re sewn

Attachments

Attachments

The later SA-tunic for the Kleiner Dienstanzug had straight, nearly reaching to the lower edge,
outer pockets with straight flaps. The earlier model of HJ-tunic looked like this type of SA-tunic.
As far as I know there is also a minor difference in the lapels. I looked in the OB and RZM
manufacturing regulations. Maybe others can fill in also information!

Nice tunic , however; Is the color of this tunic a regulation HJ color ?

With early 1933 photographs most of the tunics worn look a somewhat darker brown,
but simultaneously one sees the wearing of a lighter brown (see "Uniformen der HJ" from
1933 or 1934), which is phrased as "hellbraun". In the mid-thirties the color seems again
somewhat darker to me then in 1933, followed by a variation color in brown and later
again lighter brown.

See the "handbook", page 174 where the color is as according "Uniformen der HJ" as
mentioned hellbraun, page 175 is as shown in the 1936 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP.
Page 176 shows the tunic with a somewhat darker color, which is phrased as "braun
meliert", taken from the OB from 1937. Page 178 shows also a darker brown as from
the OB from 1940 and page 1943 shows again lighter brown as from the OB from 1943.
I do not know if the colors from the OB are correct, but largely do match.

In the 1936 or other manufacturings-regulations from 1936 they simply mention it the
color as for political leaders, which is a lighter-brown, but also for them the colors did
change slightly. This is obvious as then it was phrased "barun meliert"/ The SA-brown
is darker anyway.

In the manufacturings-regulations they phrase the color for the BDM-jacket as light-
brown, but we all know that this color one must see as a somewhat darker shade. In
my opinion this matches in some ways the "braun meliert".

The describing of colors is often quite confusing. This I have learned when I worked
for volume 3 of the headgear series. In documents they phrased the red for years as
"hochrot". Then for a shorther period "Scharlachrot" to go back to the old indication
"hochrot". In fact this red is in all occasions the same color!

A lot of informations. Thanks for your comments. So I can conclude that this jacket is good?

Back