BDM JM Bluse

Wim,

I should hope so that the chap would take his item back, when this item should be at the least doubtfull. :sneaky2:
This in my opinion is but a normal procedure, especially when somebody claims he has 40 years of experience, if you cannot backup what you are stating, than don't mention it, or just say in what part of the collecting business you're an expert in, that way people, customers would not get started of on the wrong foot. Sounds logical not?:001_huh:

Imagine, that a beginner would in fact purchase this blouse, in the understanding this is in fact a BDM blouse and hears afterwards it is not, ok he gets his money back, but would you go back to this dealer to buy something else the next time you see something of your interest.
I would be at the least very hesitant to do so.
Your explanation of how he does bussiness is in my opinion a bitt to easy, don't forget this guy does this for a living and gets paid for it, so he should be a bitt more considered about what to purchase from his pickers.
Because at the end it his reputation that he puts on the line in presenting things on his site with this kind of description.
Voila I think I made my point.
:belgium
Wizardelf

Wim,

I should hope so that the chap would take his item back, when this item should be at the least doubtfull. :sneaky2:
This in my opinion is but a normal procedure, especially when somebody claims he has 40 years of experience, if you cannot backup what you are stating, than don't mention it, or just say in what part of the collecting business you're an expert in, that way people, customers would not get started of on the wrong foot. Sounds logical not?:001_huh:

Imagine, that a beginner would in fact purchase this blouse, in the understanding this is in fact a BDM blouse and hears afterwards it is not, ok he gets his money back, but would you go back to this dealer to buy something else the next time you see something of your interest.
I would be at the least very hesitant to do so.
Your explanation of how he does bussiness is in my opinion a bitt to easy, don't forget this guy does this for a living and gets paid for it, so he should be a bitt more considered about what to purchase from his pickers.
Because at the end it his reputation that he puts on the line in presenting things on his site with this kind of description.
Voila I think I made my point.
Wizardelf

Do you have a personal issue with this Belgium dealer? And to who am I speaking? "Wizardelf" makes not much sense to me...

Regards, Wim :001_cool:

Wim,

Just to clarify this , NO I do not have a personal issue with this dealer.
But come on even if he is a personal friend of you don't you think he did his job badly? :thumbdown:
If he mentions on his homepage that he has 40 years of experience, you would certainly not expect these kind of mistakes, not?
Or am I bitt expecting to much from these guys???
I wonder. :001_unsure:
Mike (wizardelf)

Just back form good old Germany and drunk tons of Köstrizer Schwartzbier. :germany

In the mean time I see my mate removed the earlier shirt and posted another tagged shirt that came in the same lot. This time correct HJ? Opinions? Thoughts about the label?

Regards, Wim :001_smile:

Last edited:
I dont have any dogs in this, but i cant quite believe what i`m seeing here?
One highly questionable item goes, and is replaced in an instant, with the exact same shirt, from the same hoard/box- this time correct buttons and different tag.... as if it`s like...
"Oh, OK, hmmmm.....they are not going for that one...err...OK, ..shit, yeah, buttons...damn...OK....how about this one then from the next shelf?...same hoard of course, only this time correct...
Common sense has alarm bells ringing in my head......

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok, Jo. I admit we looking at a possible forgery and I will pass the information to my mate. (He has 3 or 4 such skirts) But I still have a few questions. 1. Is this type of labels known as original or seen before on HJ skirts? (now I'm thinking of the grey BDM skirt that was posted earlier on this forum here.) Personnally my limited knowledge of HJ labels goes no further than the brown and black examples like sewed on HJ caps and scarfs etc... 2. I suppose soon they have to pop up on several places because I you don't get much money with forgery only one single lot of 3 skirts?
I have no problem to tell my mate that there is something wrong here but a simple "Bad Piece" without more opinions is not enough. He too lost his money here. :help:

Regards, Wim

Ok, Jo. I admit we looking at a possible forgery and I will pass the information to my mate. (He has 3 or 4 such skirts)
Wim, i know you only mean well, but i really dont think your Friend will be interested to hear what you, or anyone has to say. In fact i am sure he will get slightly mad with you (and us) for even discussing his items here. Mistakes like the first mistake he made, make dealers look under-educated in the hobby, and the second mistake, makes the whole pot of soup stink like rotten fish.

You know, if you OWN any item, it is not so easy to NOT be bias, very easy to go with any explanation that points towards a Good result, a positive expertise.... the same applies to a dealer, IF you like him, very hard to be impartial and even think, that he too, could just be the same as the many others, who list wrong items, and fakes, each day... and the same applies to authors, if you like them, it will be in your best interest to find only good stuff in their books, and overlook the lies and fabricated fables...

The solution? to defend some dealers and not others? or the solution is: To make known ANY dealers who lists bad items. Of course many of these dealers will grow to hate you because of this, BUT, i have tried the other way Wim, mailing and calling "Friend" dealers many times over many years, with a "tip" that they are selling fakes etc etc etc.... of course the response is "Thank-You so much for telling me, i hate to have fakes, god bless and the rest" but the reality is, they are thinking "F... you, you know-it-all, you just cost me €350.-.. i hope you are not going to make a habit out of telling me when i list fakes... if you do, the next item YOU WANT pal, will be reserved or sold already." Because Wim, the sad part is that most opf these dealers who list fakes for sale, KNOW THAT THEIR ITEMS ARE FAKE !

Ok, final conclusion seems to be that there is some serious smoke with all these pink tags. And that they not should be found on original HJ clothing. Not the best news for my mate, but not only for him... :closedeyes:

Regards, Wim :001_smile:

Do these pink tags glow?
The white paper and the colour that was used look so fresh.
Has anybody got one in his hand and do the test?
(The test would not remove a red flag, but if it glows the red flag will be 10 times larger)
Thanks.

Do these pink tags glow?
The white paper and the colour that was used look so fresh.
Has anybody got one in his hand and do the test?
(The test would not remove a red flag, but if it glows the red flag will be 10 times larger)
Thanks.

Not a bad idea. I will give in a try with the black light next visit. Regarding the silence I suppose only my mate and Wizardelf have cloth HJ items with these tags in their possession. This in fact makes it very difficult in making a final conclusion about their status. We don't know for 100% what we are looking at and base our opinions on good or bad feelings... Saying they are completly bogus is as easy as saying they are 100% original. It works in both ways. Anyway, I hope the blacklight put some light on it.

Regards, Wim

:yo:Wim,
and for those interested,....

the tag on my BDM gray travel blouse does NOT glow under the blacklight.:amen:
But as was already stated earlier on this forum, this is not a fullproof evidence.
I would also put the attention on the fact that my tag is not identical either with that of that "BDM brown shirt" from your mate.
(different lettertype)
But this again, is on its own not a fullproof evidence of authenticity.
so back to nothing.:cursing:

But at least, even should it be the case that some fool in the past would have added a bogus tag, my shirt is a
"gray poplin travel blouse used by the JM/BDM". :w00t:
Wizarelf

Like a respectable dealer would act, my mate has removed the item from his site. :001_smile:

Regards, Wim

executed in the brown-/beige colour (which is called: ‘Indanthren’)
Well i have learnt something new..... or have i? Actually, i dont think i have :thumb:
INDANTHREN: Warenzeichen eines synthetischen Farbstoffs für Fasern auf Zellulosebasis
Well i did say a few posts back, a few weeks back, something about Dutch websites ?

Attachments

Here is another on Mader's site, only $750 USD if the shirts on the European dealer sites are too cheap for your taste.

Hitler Youth Shirt, Military Collectibles, Inc.

Attachments

Back