BDM Leader uniform ..Opinions wanted .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I have been offered this BDM Leaders jacket .
It looks like the insignia has been replaced .
What do you think about the Rzm tag as well as the buttons and the jacket itself ?

If Original , what is a good price for this , including the breast insignia ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
it does not look lie the typical BDM leaders blouse from period pics.as it does not have a collar,.im no expert but imo it looks like a winter blouse,i looked through the Reichszeugmeisterei booklet & could not find a jacket to this specific look.who knows when the insignia was attatched,.though to my eyes the rzm tag seems to be more worn than the jacket itself,.are there any RZM markings on the buttons? anyway thats my 2 cents,.but definetly wait for more experienced collectors to comment.

si

Last edited:
I could not find this in my copy of the regulations Joe. It should have a small band type collar. Can't tell for certain from the pics if it does or not. I can't say good or bad for sure personally.

Here are 2 photos of BDM leaders wearing to different style jackets , one with a collar and the other without. The one without has lower pockets like the one that is for sell .

Attachments

I have no more information about the BDM-Jacke but the one below was sold by Weitze around 400€.

Attachments

New BDM leader corps uniforms were introduced in July 1938 and included two jackets:

This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Indeed. If I recall correctly, he sold two of these jacken there are four or five years.

I see that the seller of the item in post #1 is describing it as "ALL textbook as you can see!". I'd like to see that textbook because the jacket is very different to the item shown in the period source.

BDM Leader jacket

Hello Joe,
found this on page 108 in angolia´s book "The HJ"
Best Regards

Attachments

Indeed Alois but as he says, it is "unidentified". I don't see that type of jacket anywhere in the regulations. Period photographic evidence would be useful here. On that, I have been searching for photographs of BDM leaders wearing the jackets in post #7 and 99% of them show the Dienstjacke. I have only found two photographs showing the Festjacke and even they weren't clear. As yet I have not seen the type shown by Angolia in photographs.

Hello Joe,
found this on page 108 in angolia´s book "The HJ"
Best Regards

As so often Angolia does not have a clue, but it was a real fact.
The shown drawing was for a dark-blue BDM and JM wool jacket, which came instead of
the brown one, as worn since the early days. For BDM and JM it had the same form.
It was published in the Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei, number 6 from September
9, 1943. The jacket was described as BDM.- und JM.-Jacke and the issue included the manufacturing
regulation. It was sold together with a skirt: komplett als Kostüm.

Maybe this girl, Margret Süther, is wearing a precursor for it. The photo is taken at The Hague
Netherlands March 28, 1943. She was a sort of supervisor at the KLV at Sterksel in the Netherlands.
She proudly wrote at the back of the photo: for the first time I am wearing my brandnew service-
dress (Dienstkleidung). The jacket varies slightly from the drawing: the collar is different, but there
are no breat pockest, just straight pockets below and there is a sort of waist-belt visible in her sides.
What looks as buttons at the breast actually are some smaller insignia.

Attachments

Last edited:
Fantastic. Many thanks Wim. The RJF Vorschriften that I have here go to approx mid-1943 so now I know why the jacket shown by Angolia isn't shown.

Mystery solved! :thumb:

The announcement for the jacket included per district what concerns were allowed
to deliver the jackets. In total about 170 concerns this were. For the Netherlands
was responsible the concern of Alex Monno & Co from Berlin. Many concerns from
Berlin were involved (maybe 80%).

Once more Margret, possibly wearing the same jacket but with a civil skirt. The back
says: Lagerführerin Sterksel

The other group-photo is taken in July 1943 at Arnhem. It is possible also here the dark-blue
jacket is worn. At least a few girls do wear the cuffband: Niederlande
Margret is at right, holding her jacket over her arm.

The jacket was not typical for leaders, but was authorized for all.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back