BDM Uniform

Thanks Received
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but have been a fan of the Youth stuff for a long time. Just picked this one up. Should be here in a few days.
Thanks
Shawn

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I saw this one listed on the WAF forum , the jacket is good and a nice one , but needs a gebiet triangle .
I have doubts about the skirt . Original skirts are really tough to find and from the photos shown I believe it is not period . Original skirts have pockets down the front .

Hi Shawn and welcome to the forum. Yes, as Joe says, definitely not an RZM-spec skirt. Jacket looks nice.

I saw too on the WAF but have doubts about the skirt too.....Anyway I think was for good price?
rgs Peter

I agree , however ; a 1930s girls civilian dark blue skirt might be worth 30 - 50 euros but an RZM official skirt with tag can go as high as 750 euros .
in many pictures I have seen there is a big variety of lower wear and would think they wore what they had or could afford in many cases. :canada1

period skirts are hard to find due to the fact they had no insignia so they where worn after the war as a normal skirt, besides if that skirt in the pic was original i would expect it to be far more washed out in colour not still a brilliant black

Well guys I didnt want to chime in untill I had it in hand. Although not a RZM-spec shirt I have no doubt of it being authentic to the time period. Heres a couple more pics. Also the last few days I have been searching pics all over the internet looking for skirt pics. I would say 50% + or - didnt have pockets. So Dont right off a skirt just because of the pockets. That is how a good piece turns into a damn ole repo.

One nice thing is that yes the triangle is missing there is a very nice trace left so will be easy to replace. Wish they would have left it on!!

I do appreciate all the comments thats what makes these forums so good.

Shawn

Attachments

The skirt is problibly period , however; not an RZM skirt . Good pick up and good deal from WAF ...now you need to find a manniquin .

Got one,lol it's allready up and in the collection. Got to find a wig with pig tails now. Will post a pic later when i get off work.

Here are a couple pics. I have the scarf knot on its way so will look a little better there.

Shawn

Attachments

Hey , thats a boy wearing his sisters clothing when nobodys looking !

Yup thats why I need a pig tail wig to cover his identity,lol
Thanks Guys have a good day.

Hallo.Another example with one of my pictures.

"RZM" vs "home-maid",pockets or not,long or just under the knees....the main problem of the BDM items :h:001_rolleyes: :lol:

Attachments

Belts are not the same either. My skirt as we said is not RZM but I do think its just as legit. Thanks for adding the pic Dorn.

The BDM wore belts the JM just wore the skirt affixed in with the white blouses with buttons .

Back