Black cloth diamond

Thanks Received
Done some research on this cloth diamond and I know what it's used for but Was curious if it's a good one or not

thnaks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This diamomd insignia is supposed to be for SS personal that were former members of the Hitler youth , however ; in my opinion .... it is realistic to say that 95% of all SS personal were former members of the hitlerjugend .

This leads me to think that this arm insignia needs more discussion as if it were indeed for former members of the HJ that went on to the SS , then 95% of all SS uniforms would have rated this patch .

Last edited:
From what I've read and seen photos of these were part of the insignia horde that was found when Dachau was liberated. There was a huge cloth insignia and uniform manufacturing facility there using the prisoners as slave labor. I've never seen a period photo showing this patch in wear. There is much speculation and little fact about these.

yeh these where apparently all found at dachau when it was liberated as darin said, makes you think that if they are genuine maybe they where to be used for a future use but due to the wars end they never got issued, that would explain the lack of pics and the fact they are all mint ????

I for one am not convinced with this insignia. I really would like to think they are genuine but researching the many posts on this subject the jury is still out for me

Nick

I bought this patch knowing the "grey" area about these. I'm on the fence with it also,
I appreciate the comments

mike

I for one am not convinced with this insignia. I really would like to think they are genuine but researching the many posts on this subject the jury is still out for me

Nick

They are good insignia , as many are found from veteran aquired groupings , taken from the Dachau depot in 1945 .

Back