Bund Deutscher Mädel Kletterjacke for review

Thanks Received
Is there anything that "jumps" to any of you, regarding this BDM jacket? I believe that the insignia is sewn post war, but I believe it to be correct showing the Gau Bayerische Ostmark triangle, and leaders lanyard

It's devoid of any RZM labels, but all the buttons are correctly marked (one is missing). Although the plastic badge looks very crude it has a makers name on the rear. It is my understanding that BDM items are rather scarce, due to the fact that most of the girls continued to wear their uniforms, minus insignia, after the war due to clothing shortages?

I have seen these for sale on various sites, gottlieb being one of them, and I was shocked at the price he was asking for it, so what would be a ball park figure

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

There's a few of them up on Mil 321 right now that vary in price. One is listed at around 260 Euro.

Darin, Yes I've seen them vary in price. From £185-£450 and to be honest, I haven't seen what makes them vary that much, chances are very few survived the war with insignia still attached

It's a difficult one for me, as it cost me more than that to buy, maybe I'll just cut my losses:sad:

Any idea on that plastic swastika badge? I've never seen anything like it before

The plastic badge is period for sure. They are a type of "tinnie" made and sold as fundraisers I think. Similar to the WHW tokens. I think Paul Ayerst has one or a few of these in his collection. The jackets seem to go for higher prices on the "big" dealer sites (like everything). The ones with the RZM tag intact and legible seem to go for the most money. If you are into the jacket for a certain ammount you can probably get back your investment at least or make a little money, just have to be patient and find the right buyer.

Everythings for sale Ewan, you know that

you going to Stoneliegh in Jan?

ohh a know that ;)

just got a couple items on layaway they are near paid tho.

would really like a bdm uniform setup more than a hj one but whares the rest of it, skirt and blouse these is my problems never ever in the last 5 year seen a bdm blouse with the marked buttons etc for sale jacket scarf/ knot belt/buckle yes,but no blouse or skirt i know they are out there somewhare and maybe take me untill i am 40 for it to happen but maybe one day but i am for the set up. :sad:

john i am going to see if i can get my mate nick to go if not con my dad for a lift again :D

will defo be doing a few leeds this year defo my mate nick is well up for those ones. so i dont need my dad in this case :001_rolleyes:

cheers ewan

Ewan you want something I can get it, I know where a lot of stuff is, trouble is I haven't got a bottomless pit in the money department, whatever your "tipple" is................. I can get it

But it is at a cost

The plastic badge is period for sure. They are a type of "tinnie" made and sold as fundraisers I think. Similar to the WHW tokens. I think Paul Ayerst has one or a few of these in his collection. The jackets seem to go for higher prices on the "big" dealer sites (like everything). The ones with the RZM tag intact and legible seem to go for the most money. If you are into the jacket for a certain ammount you can probably get back your investment at least or make a little money, just have to be patient and find the right buyer.

Cheers Darin

It's one of those pieces that you can live with for a while, like you said, patience is a virtue :)

Ewan you want something I can get it, I know where a lot of stuff is, trouble is I haven't got a bottomless pit in the money department, whatever your "tipple" is................. I can get it

But it is at a cost

thats good to know mate would love the full set up but would actualy like to start with the blouse and skirt first. as the jacketts seem avalible all the time although not all good.

yes mate i dont think any of us have one of them pits, but isnt all the best stuff expensive.

cheers

Back