Buttons - a lot of them...

Thanks Received
Found a stash of buttons a while ago. They are 17 mm diameter, this is the standard size for shirts, isnt it? Do they have any value? I tried listing them on ebay, not really successfull sofar

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They appear to be good to me. I'm not aware of these being reproduced. It's possible I suppose but I've just not seen them reproduced. I think they have some value, not a lot, but could really be useful for anybody with shirts that are missing buttons. Looks like you have a lot of them, possibly taken from a manufacturing facility or a shop or something?

If I were you , I would sell them in a lot of 6 buttons for a set price of 25 dollars . Six buttons is enough for the regular HJ pullover shirt ( 2 sleeves , 2 pockets , and 2 front seam ... the top buttonhole did not use the HJ.DJ logo pattern button . The top button of an HJ shirt was a nondescript button without the HJ.DJ logo ).
It looks like from photo #3 that these buttons might be ground dug. And from the first two photos , it appears like the 5 buttons pictured have been cleaned.

Thank you guys, for your answers. Indeed they were grounddug, found a lot of them, together with some porcelain BDM buttons and some Kriegsmarine and Wehrmacht buttons in one dumphole. The set of 5 is indeed cleaned by me with some halfwarm water and a very soft brush, this was enough to clean them.

Couple of the other findings from the same dumphole. Less interesting then the HJ but grreat trading objects (besides the BDMs, love those, but have only a few)

Attachments

Back