Deutsches Jungvolk DJ Shirt Buttons

Thanks Received
Hello. Were buttons like this ever used on DJ/HJ shirts in period or are they later replacements?

Thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ/DJ RZM buttons

the buttons you have shown here look like bakelite,.origional RZM buttons were marked with HJ/DJ & are a different style,moulded tan bakelite,some leather.private made shirts or jackets,home made shirts or just unmarked replacement buttons im sure were used & produced,i have seen origional BDM kletterweste with unmarked bakelite buttons in the style of button you have posted.its just hard to say when the were attatched,.pre-1945 or post war,.you may have to test the stitching for that.

cheers,
si

Attachments

Thanks. Whole shirt. You can't see the buttons going up the middle but they are the same as the ones on the pockets. The cuff buttons are different and look like the normal DJ/HJ buttons but without the letters on them. The cuff buttons are the ones I think are original to the shirt and the others maybe put on some time after. Any thoughts?

Attachments

thanks for the extra photos,.though for a proper & final analisis on the whole shirt & not just the buttons more information is needed,.material,.RZM tag present? or remnants of,.. close-up detailed pics of the district triangle & sig rune insignia & shoulder board etc,,pics of the shirt inside out,at the moment we know at least some of the buttons have been replaced if not all.as i said earlier replacement unmarked bakelite buttons were used.from the photos you have posted so far it is hard to say anything for cirtain,but the blouse does seem to have RZM pattern characteristics,.but yeah,.if you want a cirtain final analisis on the shirt better & more detailed pics are needed.in the downloads section in the reserch bar on this forum you can find the Reichszeugmeisterei (RZM) booklet if you want to research exact measurements on district triangles & sig rune insignia & blouse',.its all in there.

cheers,
si

Agreed. The insignia appears to be correctly placed but the photos are not detailed enough to make an evaluation if the insignia is period, the correct combination, and when it may have been applied, etc With uniforms one must be careful as "restored" uniforms are often put on the market with incorrect insignia combinations in terms of matching area represented, wear, rank, etc..

Thanks guys. The main thing I wanted to check was that these aren't some sort of pre RZM buttons that I hadn't seen before. If no one recognises them as being a period button then I guess they must indeed be later replacements.

most BDM kletteweste & HJ blouse' have had some sort of restoration.to find a jacket or a blouse,.all untouched origional RZM pattern,.origional buttons & insignia,is a treasure.they are very rare,.after the war clothing was of short supply just as was everything,.so they just ripped the insignia off & continued to wear these jackets & blouse'.for years after 1945.

si

I agree many items were stripped of insignia and worn post war due to shortages. IMO possibly one of the reasons that leadership and waffenrock style uniforms are more easily found with period applied insignia, they did not really fit in with civilian dress so it's possible many were stored away or not used post war.

Thanks guys. The main thing I wanted to check was that these aren't some sort of pre RZM buttons that I hadn't seen before. If no one recognises them as being a period button then I guess they must indeed be later replacements.

That's right. Regulation pre-RZM buttons were made of leather and had a different lattice pattern.

Back