Thanks Received
this three qtr length DJ blouse i picked up recently at a local militaria show,its RZM regulation according to measurements though no RZM tag is present,it has a 3 button front,.all buttons marked RZM HJ/DJ,.district Nord Nordmark,shoulder board jungbann 463,with Sig rune patch & leader lanyard present,i think maybe for a DJ-hauptjungzugführer or jungstammführer.it is a different material to the post 1935 DJ twill blouse,which i have posted in one picture attatched,.it has a lighter more silky material,.hard to say if the sig rune patch was sewn on post war or not,i did burn tests on stitching & its pure cotton,.it has small holes & wear marks on cuffs in places,RZM tag is present on inside of sig rune patch,any info on the location of jungbann 463 much appretiated as i cannot access that information right now,.would love some feedback on this piece.:good:

cheers,
si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Si,

You can access information on Bann numbers here but you would need to consider upgrading your account to Gold to use them (and also access many other areas of the forum and a range of other benefits).

The shirt is a bit of a "mix and match" and assembled in my opinion. For example, it has a type of rune patch that wasn't sewn onto the shirt like that, the wear on the buttons does not match the condition of the shirt (you would expect the buttons to be in better or the same condition than the shirt), the top collar button is incorrect, the button on the left shoulder is missing (was never there?) which is why the Fähnleinführer lanyard has been attached like that. The best option would be to pick a rank and period for the shirt to represent and then match the insignia accordingly (a pre-1938 lower rank DJ would be easiest). Nothing wrong with assembling a shirt if period (and matching) items are used because of course that's what the kids back then did too. Obviously there were lots of changes over the years to the clothing regulations but if a specific period and rank is chosen then a shirt can be made to appear correct.

i think the photography brings out a sort of mirage in the shirt,.in hand it has many repairs,holes & marks,.but i think garry you are correct in that it is restored in one way or another,.so i agree.i think it is an RZM piece though,in look,material & measurements,.according to the "Die Uniformen und Abzeichen/RZM catalouges.then in 1935 the DJ blouses were shortened from 3 1/4 length.if i understand correctly/

Regarding the sig rune, I have seen period pictures of shirts with the sig rune applied like this. It looks indeed sloppy, but I guess the shirt might pass like this.

Regarding the sig rune, I have seen period pictures of shirts with the sig rune applied like this. It looks indeed sloppy, but I guess the shirt might pass like this.

Yes, but there was a specific reason for the patch being sewn on as a square (more here). A patch worn in this manner was designed to show the wearer's function. Also, those patches had a different colour. I would agree that there is a chance that some boys may have sewn the standard red patch on incorrectly but this would be a rare occurrence when they were surrounded by boys who wore it correctly (as a circle with the edges folded under).

DJ rank insignia

which one of these ranks would best suit this blouse for rank restoration project?,as i have insignia of these ranks.Jungenschaftsführer/Oberhordenführer/hordenführer.
any info would be much appretiated.:help:

cheers,
si

Attachments

Back