Difference between the HJ winter trousers and the HJ ski trousers (HJ Winterhose HJ Skihose)

Thanks Received
hi guys
quick question to which i cant find an answer:

whats the diff between the hj winter trousers and the hj ski trousers.

both look the same cut ans the same colour
any thoughts

Your suspicion is right Stu. Regulations specified that the HJ/DJ wore the Überfallhose as part of the normal winter uniform and for skiing. There were plans to introduce special skiing trousers (Keilhose) but the regulations state that this was indefinitely on hold due to the war.

The label in some of the Überfallhosen is marked as "HJ-DJ Überfallhose Skitrikot" or "Überfallhose - Skitrikot". This may have lead to the confusion but actually it doesn't mean that they are a different item to the standard trousers.

'Skitrikot' is the name of the cloth and its use was prescribed by regulation after a certain point (not sure when exactly but it looks like either 1938 or 1941). After that certain point all HJ/DJ winter trousers were made of the same cloth which is why we see some trousers marked with 'Skitrikot' and others (the older trousers) with the standard label. It made sense I suppose to make all of the Überfallhosen out of a material more suitable for skiing in case the wearer needed to use them for that purpose.

The Keilhose would have been more like the ski trousers shown below Pat which are of the style worn in the 40s. Trousers like these were permitted for wear but only in 'exceptional circumstances' according to the regulation.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Just the diffrents between the pocketflaps and the ankle area of the trousers?

Does anyone knows 1 for sale? I'ts reallly very hard to find 1.:thumbdown:

always great to see the comments of garry.

Where do you read all this stuff, mate. I'm looking and looking and hardly finding much as detailled as the stuff you seem to have.:thumbup:

Great though to see the comment clears out the many questions people ask!!!

:thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup1:

A lot of it is simply down to being able to read and speak German to be honest guys. I'm a bit of a hobby detective at heart which helps but the luxury of being able to read the original period books/documents is great to have.

There is a complete HJ /BDM winter jacket and trousers on WAF right now and for a reasonable price . It is in the estand uniform section ...just scroll down and you will find it .

There is a complete HJ /BDM winter jacket and trousers on WAF right now and for a reasonable price . It is in the estand uniform section ...just scroll down and you will find it .

hi joe its a nice set that on waf sure wish i had the readys you would get that for $800 aswell and a good deal imo the seller also has a nice bdm kettler listed for $360 aswell :thumbup1:

Back