DJ/HJ shorts (Kniehose)

Thanks Received
Hi guys,

Found this one on the dealer site and like to have some opinions
thx
Peter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

Hello Peter,

I presume it's totally fake (incorrect material, rzm label).

well well so another dealer who selling craps as originals....:(

I can keep this pic for future reference.
thx Peter

c`mon, its only €180.- peanuts..... worth a gamble....:thumb:

Attachments

I noticed that Rbnr Militaria also sells good things and the two brothers are also very friendly.

I noticed that Rbnr Militaria also sells good things and the two brothers are also very friendly.
Correct, but so do all dealers - a mix of good, bad and ugly. From my experience, all on line dealers are friendly, until they find you pointing out fakes they are selling on some forum :huh: It seems the code of conduct is to praise the good, and close your eyes to the bad.

You are right, we must be careful and separate the good from the bad among all militaria dealers.

Agreed. I see a mix of items on every dealers site, without exception. Know your items and don't use sellers as an authentication service. When people ask if a dealer is reliable to me that means if you pay the money for something it will be shipped promptly and safely arrive with no funny business, not that the dealer never sells questionable or just downright bad items.

.....and don't use sellers as an authentication service.
What about the sellers like Tom Johnson, who state, in black and white, (on his site) that he is the last word on authenticity? Or Weitze, who state: We do not accept any other opinions regarding authenticty by anyone. I guess it`s not the collector using them, but them using themselves as an authentication service - and at the same time convincing the collector to use them as an authentication service.

Then there are the sellers who use old stories, possibly many made up by themselves, as an instant means of authentication.

I only buy what I feel is correct and am happy with Jo. I don't take any of those guys word as gospel. I was told my Jugendehrendienst triangle was a fake or fantasy by Wietze, and he had no interest in it. Funny, a guy that really knows sports in the third riech and has studied the subject for years provided me with photos and film footage of said fake insignia in wear and I've accepted a sizable offer on it to pay for some other things I want. So much for using dealers as an authentication service.

I totally agree with you Darin , I know a long time collector who bought a worn but good condition custom made Panzer wrapper with sewn in shoulderstraps to a Lt Colonel . The Wrapper was named and had a unique cut to it . The collector showed to to all the big dealers at the Max Show aprox 10 years ago and all of them said it was an obvious fake . The collector researched the named tunic and found the son of the original man who wore the wrapper during 1944 to 45 .The son gave the collector a photo of his father wearing the Pz Wrapper with its unique style cut ( The wrapper had the lapels cut shorter than normal wrappers as it was a custom made piece) The collector then submitted the photo of the German Panzer Officer wearing the same tunic to the dealers who a year earlier poo-pooed it and they then all wanted to buy it . Goes to show you that some of these Idiots have EGOS as big as there bank accounts and they worship there own personal "Band of corrupt brothers"!

Back