DJ Shirt - Jungbann 183 but Sudetenland triangle

Thanks Received
Hi all,

So I recently purchased this shirt in a group of other Youth bits. It was originally sold by a dealer online with the achievement badge. Having got the actual shirt in my hands, I can see that it is a genuine shirt. However, one thing is really bugging me and that is the area triangle and the DJ strap don't match. The Gebiet lists show a completely different area for 183. Is there a possible explanation for it? Uniforms are not my thing. The strap is RZM tagged (albeit a bit worn off after age and use) also which is nice.

Thanks
Kyle

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

183 is from Gebiet West/Westfalen , If it were mine , I would just replace the strap to a Sudetenland Bann strap .

Hi Kyle,

to find a DJ shoulder strap that matches with the triangle "Sudetenland" is much harder to find than the triangle "West-Westfalen '.
This is just my opinion.
Best Regards
Eric

I agree with Eric. It's easier to replace the strap than it is to replace the triangle, but the strap will be a difficult one to find. The triangle will cost more than a strap, but it can be found much more often than the strap.

...... Especially that the DJ shoulder strap is beautiful and that the triangle is ordinary and already worn.

Superb, thanks guys.
I think I will try to find another strap, the 183 will look nice in a cabinet what with the RZM tag anyway. So now the technical question, how do I do this. It appears my current one has been somehow glued on? How do you actually replace the straps. Basically, if you have done this kind of operation, what's the best way to do it?

Back