Does anyone have, or have pictures of, a HJ-Bürorock (HJ office jacket for staff members)?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Whilst trying to assist with THIS apparently unknown jacket I was reading a section of regulations and realised that I had never seen a HJ-Bürorock. It first appears in 1935 and the regulation says that it was worn by those on the HJ and DJ staffs when at work (only worn there, nowhere else). It was grey in colour and the only insignia worn on it initially were shoulder straps. In 1937 it was ordered that HJ were to begin wearing the armband on this jacket and the DJ the sleeve rune. Can anyone help?

Is there a description of the cut and pattern of this blouse Garry ?

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately not. I've translated the three orders connected to this office jacket:

7th of March 1935:
All members of the HJ and DJ staff are to carry out their duties in uniform. In order to reduce levels of wear and tear on the uniform a grey office jacket like the one worn by the RJF staff will be introduced. This jacket is for office use only. It is worn with shoulder straps only. Armbands, leader lanyards and sleeve triangles are not to be worn.

2nd of April 1937:
The armband is to be worn on the office jacket with immediate effect. DJ staff are to wear the rune patch. HJ staff members wear shoulder straps as the sole form of rank insignia. DJ staff members wear a single shoulder strap.

23.4.1937:
Area headquarters (Gebiet) can now procure the office jacket directly. Any adjustments must be carried out by master tailors in possession of an RZM licence. The RZM licence has the prefix D1/...

Manufacture must be carried out in accordance with the instructions that will be sent to the respective Administration and Supply offices (Organisationsabteilungen). It is forbidden to deviate from the manufacturing instruction. In order to ensure uniformity, tailoring patterns for the office jacket have been issued by Verlag Otto Beyer under the number EA 101 and are available for the sizes 88cm, 96cm, 104cm and 112cm. Every master tailor who intends to produce this jacket must procure one of these patterns in order to familiarise himself with the jacket's appearance.

The best approach would be that the Gebiet obtains a pattern and gives it to the tailor along with the regulation. Patterns cost 30Rpf.

Due to the current material shortages it is not possible to impose a single standard for cloth quality. It is therefore something that the Gebiet must discuss with the manufacturer. However, linen is not permitted as it creases too much. Although the cloth quality cannot be imposed, the colour of all office jackets must be uniform. To this end, the Administration and supply offices at the Gebiet level will receive a sealed pattern. Small deviations from this standard are permitted but large differences are forbidden. In cases where it is unclear whether a colour is acceptable, a sample should be sent to the RJF Administration and Supply office (Organisationsamt). This office is also prepared to advise the Gebiete on matters of cloth quality. Should assistance be required, a 12x12cm sample of the planned quality should be provided.

It is recommended that a tailor is selected to produce the jackets whose business is within the Gebiet boundary. This will lessen any issues with possible deviations from the required colour and cut.

The RJF Administration and Supply office will no longer accept orders for the manufacture of office jackets. The Gebiete are required to allow the Bann to procure office jackets for its own needs. The Gebiet is to discuss the details with the Bann.

So, this is all a little different to the usual way that things were done and it was very probably because of the relatively small number of office jackets needed. The jacket isn't shown in the 1936 manufacturing instructions and I'm guessing that the reason for this is because orders were previously being sent straight to the RJF Admin and Supply office who had a tailor making them, probably in Berlin.

I don't have anything that shows the jacket and am hoping that the members will come up trumps.

I don't have any info about this one, nor images or anything and I do not remember seen anything similar by the net.

Thanks guys. Photos of staff members needed then. Hopefully something will stick out.

Ok Garry , you ask and I will deliver LOL . :thumb:
I have 2 photos , 1 taken from ebay while the auction was still ongoing , the other I do own .
Photos are of 2 HJ lower ranked Staff Personnel. They are wearing HJ Drillish short blouses and both show the "G" above the numbers on the straps . You usually see this style of blouse being worn at HJ sponsored schools or WE camps . This pattern of blouse did not come out until late 1938 though . It came in Political Brown and Dark Blue wool . It was also produced in drillish materials , GreyTwill , HBT and brown late war low quality wool .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back