Early Hitler Youth shirt

Thanks Received
Hi mates,

today I've received a new shirt. The early buttons are hold with rings and are not sewed on. Sadly the bottons at the sleeves are missing. At the right shoulder you can see a repair with a part of brown cloth. I guess no shoulder strap was attached so I think the shirt is an early one.

Clearly visible is the area were the triangle and the DJ rune patch were attached. Both are missing, maybe the green one I've received some days ago is the missing one - all items are from the estate of 3 brothers who were serving in DJ or HJ. Very interesting, under the patches are rests of black threads, maybe a armband was stiched on later.

What do you think, shall I restore the shirt with early 33 pattern triangle and rune patch?

Regards to all,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

based on the pics, i would only place those two indeed. seems like someone took them off to sell them seperatly... by the looks of it they where in place till recently....

This shirt would be an easy restoration project .
However , if you are to restore it ; be sure to use insignia that has been used and abused to the same wear and tear as the condition of the shirt .

Back