Flak helper (HJ Flakhelfer) Uniform opinions

Thanks Received
Hello guys,

I can buy a HJ flakhelfers uniform jacket.
The cool but also difficult thing about it, is that it is a RAF ''beute'' uniform.
It has the LW eagle on it (original sewing!!!) en bleu piped schulterklappen, with bann numbers.
It has NOT the FH sign above the eagle, but I can see the eagle is periode applied..
The buttons are also german.

I do not have foto's jet, but I hope you can give me some information if you guys have any.
The man I can buy it from, is a well known european dealer, and he gives guarantees.

It is a blue woolen uniform, and the model is like a German m44 uniform.

Difficult to give any opinion or evaluation without photos. If the seller is guaranteeing the uniform make sure the return and refund policy are clearly spelled out and documented. For example the length of the return period, refund policy (cash or merely site credit), can the item be returned for any reason if not satisfied, etc.. I only caution because I've seen cases of dealers refusing refunds, offering other suspect or overpriced items, or merely offering site credit. Post photos for an evaluation from the members here or take a risk, it's your decision.

I'll make soms photo's this week.
But I hope somebody has an uniform like I discribed.
I know this dealer very well.. The gaurantee will be no problem.

With FH sign I mean LH sign...

These are the pictures..

You don't have permission to view attachments.

I did some research at the Bann number.. 290 is from Pregel, Ost Ostland.
When I searched the traingle Ost Ostland, I found out it is pretty rare. (450 euro's)Are the schoulderboards also that rare? If so.. Then I made a very good trade :bounce:

Attachments

I would like to see close ups of those straps. I don't know if it's just the photo contrast or lighting but they look odd in the photos.

But is "Wehlau" also located in that area?
Is it gebiet Ostpreussen then?

Perhaps I Will be a full member in the future..I'm not that active at this time :)

I hope these pics will take away your feelings.
I cant see anything wrong at the schoulderboards.

Attachments

Here is a photo of reproduction Bann 290 shoulder boards made by an American company, and a photo of some Flieger HJ shoulder boards that are good RZM pattern. Note the differences in the numeral, especially the "2". Compare the known fake red Bann 290 straps to the straps on the uniform have posted. Also the piping color and numeral color just look off. Is it a coincidence that the straps on the uniform are from the same Bann as the fakes made by a faker that has been banned from this forum in the US? Sorry but I do not like these shoulder straps on this uniform. If you are happy with them then enjoy them.

Attachments

I will enjoy them when more people say they are good. ;-
That's the reason why I posted them.

I have more HJ uniforms. the material, stitching, size... everything matches.
I didn't thought that there could be doubts..

Hoping for more opinions...
Thanks for this far!

The schoulderstraps below are mine. (West Hessen Nassau)
The later (black) variant is from the exact same material, size en matching way of stitching..

Attachments

As said if you like the straps than be happy with them. For me, I would not accept them as original. Look here at these unfinished straps and see the method of manufacture, woven, not embroidered like the Bann 290 straps that are on that uniform. The other post 1938 straps you show have numbers that are woven, not embroidered. Look at fakes database for more examples of fakes that match the Bann 290 straps. The numerals are all wrong. I wait for comments from Eric, Joe, and Alois on this pair.

Attachments

These shoulder boards are weird and the whole bluse is. I wouldn't have it on my collection.

I also have my doubts when the shoulder boards. There are a lot published in recent times by the 290th The substance is also not the official substance. That's linen fabric.
I have the Boards in my hand and i am not satisfied with it.
I trust only the RZM shoulder boards. Since I am on the safe side.

Not for my collection ... it would behoove you to stick with Rzm regulation patterns . There are plenty of them out there between $75 and $150 for a pair .
As said if you like the straps than be happy with them. For me, I would not accept them as original. Look here at these unfinished straps and see the method of manufacture, woven, not embroidered like the Bann 290 straps that are on that uniform. The other post 1938 straps you show have numbers that are woven, not embroidered. Look at fakes database for more examples of fakes that match the Bann 290 straps. The numerals are all wrong. I wait for comments from Eric, Joe, and Alois on this pair.

A Flakhelfer did not use HJ shoulder boards with Bann-numbers.

They wanted to look as military as possible, and did'nt even wear the HJ-armbands as required by uniform regulations, if they could avoid it.

I have never seen a photo of a Flakhelfer wearing a uniform with HJ boards.

They might have been wearing LW-uniforms, if no Flakhelfer uniforms were available.

Back