Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As said if you like the straps than be happy with them. For me, I would not accept them as original. Look here at these unfinished straps and see the method of manufacture, woven, not embroidered like the Bann 290 straps that are on that uniform. The other post 1938 straps you show have numbers that are woven, not embroidered. Look at fakes database for more examples of fakes that match the Bann 290 straps. The numerals are all wrong. I wait for comments from Eric, Joe, and Alois on this pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    These shoulder boards are weird and the whole bluse is. I wouldn't have it on my collection.

I also have my doubts when the shoulder boards. There are a lot published in recent times by the 290th The substance is also not the official substance. That's linen fabric.
    I have the Boards in my hand and i am not satisfied with it.
    I trust only the RZM shoulder boards. Since I am on the safe side.

Not for my collection ... it would behoove you to stick with Rzm regulation patterns . There are plenty of them out there between $75 and $150 for a pair .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    As said if you like the straps than be happy with them. For me, I would not accept them as original. Look here at these unfinished straps and see the method of manufacture, woven, not embroidered like the Bann 290 straps that are on that uniform. The other post 1938 straps you show have numbers that are woven, not embroidered. Look at fakes database for more examples of fakes that match the Bann 290 straps. The numerals are all wrong. I wait for comments from Eric, Joe, and Alois on this pair.

A Flakhelfer did not use HJ shoulder boards with Bann-numbers.

They wanted to look as military as possible, and did'nt even wear the HJ-armbands as required by uniform regulations, if they could avoid it.

I have never seen a photo of a Flakhelfer wearing a uniform with HJ boards.

They might have been wearing LW-uniforms, if no Flakhelfer uniforms were available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12