Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Flakhelfer mannequin

Hi everyone,

I am starting to build a Flakhelfer mannequin.
    So far I have the Bluse and the helmet.
    Recently I added the Luftwaffe belt and buckle and HJ Leistungsabzeichen (not pictured yet).
    Currently on the way is the LH-breast eagle, HJ armband and shoulder boards.
    Stay tuned :)

Chris

P.S. looking for a Flakhelfer cap - if anyone sees one
    P.P.S.: oh yes, and a trouser of course... this will be the hardest to find item.

Attached Images Attached Images

the flak caps are every where on the internet try the vetransfootlocker.com there is also one on germanmilitariacollectables.com, victory militaria had one also, relic hunter has one and there are a few more out there too !! $325 to $350 range these will be if you could get one at $300 or below it would be a good deal.

good luck with the restore !

Thanks for all the hints on dealers, I am going to take a look at their shops.
    On the other hand I usually do not buy from dealers, as they are too expensive for my available budget.
    It should definitely be under $300. Better would be from a private collector for around $250.

Victory Militaria has it for $250, but since I am located in Europe shipping is too much risk for me (+ taxes, + trouble with the laws here....).
    Need to find a European dealer or some nice US citizen who is going to visit Germany soon ;)

Nice to see the project! Here is a very good example of a Flakhelfer cap at Tarn Militaria. The price is on the higher side, but this one is an RZM model in great condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice one.

This dealer sells fakes
    Tarnmilitaria.com | V 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sdkfz251 View Post
    nice one.

This dealer sells fakes
    Agreed,
    I've not seen a dealer that does not sell any fakes, ever, even the dealers with "trusted" reputations. The Flakhelfer cap is good IMO but high priced at 300 Euro.

thanks for the link to the cap. If I do not find a good one until 2014, I might consider buying this cap - if it is still available by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Nice to see the project! Here is a very good example of a Flakhelfer cap at Tarn Militaria. The price is on the higher side, but this one is an RZM model in great condition.
    thats a Flieger winter mutze mate note that tag and grommets, Flak caps are later pieces which are RB numbered in the silk lining, i agree most dealers sell fake from time to time!

myself , i wouldnt hesitate buying it from VM and just ship it with tracking code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdkfz251 View Post
    nice one.

This dealer sells fakes
    could you let us know whats wrong with the buckle? i think its original but i am no buckle man and might learn something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast