Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Flieger HJ Shirt

this is my Flieger-HJ HJ shirt. I believe at one time it had a DLV insignia on the right sleeve.

Attached Images Attached Images

HJ

Realy nice regards tomas

Bann 55 Lippe, from Detmold. I recall seeing this one, great shirt. I've got DJ straps from the same unit.

Very nice Flieger-HJ shirt .

Thanks for the comments fellas,I was wondering if a piped sidecap was made for these fleiger units.Regards Roger

Hello Roger there where piped overseas caps made for Flieger HJ.Here we have such a cap.

The Collector's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by RMR View Post
    Thanks for the comments fellas,I was wondering if a piped sidecap was made for these fleiger units.Regards Roger
    Yes Roger. The Flieger-HJ wore a standard summer cap with light blue cord.

There was a 1939 regulation which stopped the Flieger-HJ wearing the DLV patch but as you have the pre-38 straps on the shirt that rule wouldn't have applied.

This type of shirt was only worn (according to regulations which we all know were not always followed) by the rank range of Gefolgschaftsführer/Hauptgefolgschaftsführer in the Flieger-HJ. The lower ranks and the normal boys in the Flieger-HJ wore the long shirt because it was more suitable for their purpose but there is bound to be a photograph somewhere to confound that rule :)

Thanks Garry so all I have to do now is find a light blue piped summer cap and a DLV patch regards Roger

Quote Originally Posted by RMR View Post
    Thanks Garry so all I have to do now is find a light blue piped summer cap and a DLV patch regards Roger
    Wietze has the DLV patches, but they are not cheap by any means.