Help with HJ shirt with insignia

Thanks Received
I got offered this shirt. I do not collect uniforms, so any help would be appreciated. I want to be sure that everything is corect on it.

thank you
regards Rajko

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I am having trouble attaching the pics so if I can send somebody pics via email so they can do it for me.
thank you
regards Rajko

What probs are you having with pics Rajko? Check this thread for info. You may be trying to upload pics which are outside the size limit.

What probs are you having with pics Rajko? Check this thread for info. You may be trying to upload pics which are outside the size limit.

Yes, that is the problem. The only way that I know to make them smaller is the crop them. And that normaly did the trick on wehrmacht-awards.com.

I am going to try to make them smaller so I can post them here too.

Thank you

No probs Rajko. I'll resize them and will then upload to your first post above in the next 10 minutes :thumb:

Okay, all pics are now up.

The straps are correct for the triangle which is good and the stitching and wear look to be consistent with the age. The armband has the narrow white band you often see on the earlier armbands so I personally like what I see. I'm no expert on shirts though so I will defer to a more experienced collector who will be able to say whether the insignia may have been put on this shirt post-war.

The shirt and the insignia are good , however the buttons are not RzM regulation pattern ...

Thank you Garry:thumb:

No probs Rajko. I'll resize them and will then upload to your first post above in the next 10 minutes :thumb:

Okay, all pics are now up.

The straps are correct for the triangle which is good and the stitching and wear look to be consistent with the age. The armband has the narrow white band you often see on the earlier armbands so I personally like what I see. I'm no expert on shirts though so I will defer to a more experienced collector who will be able to say whether the insignia may have been put on this shirt post-war.

These pattern of buttons were used mainly from the period 1929 to 1932 , After that there were guidelines to follow on insignia and uniform manfacture .
After 1932 the buttons should have the HJ - DJ imprinted on them . But with all regulations , there is always the exception .

These pattern of buttons were used mainly from the period 1929 to 1932 , After that there were guidelines to follow on insignia and uniform manfacture .
After 1932 the buttons should have the HJ - DJ imprinted on them . But with all regulations , there is always the exception .

So that means that they could be original to he shirt. The story is that this shirt came from a lady, whose dad was in HJ. And it was bought about 4 years ago. The guy who bought it, is not a collector, so I do not think he would know where to get a buttons for this shirt. So now after all this information I am sure that this is unmessed shirt. Thank you guys for all your help.:thumbup1:

Well, that's impossible to say of course and that's the problem with items like this because the boy who wore that stuff was just as able to swap insignia and buttons as the modern-day collectors and dealers. As long as the parts are original the history is still there in my opinion. As you say though, 'unmessed-with' is the ideal case :)

Here is an example .

I was in the Boy Scouts in the USA from 1970 to 1974 .
In 1972 , my parents moved to a different town and in the new town I joined a new Boy Scout troop ... now that I was in a new troop , I had to replace the old insignia wich included the name of the city and the the old troop numbers .
Later when I got a little older , I out grew my Boy Scout shirt and gave the shirt to a younger newer member as the shirt no longer fit good .

I recommended the original poster ask your opinion on this shirt Joe after he had asked me some questions on it at WAF. I figured you would have an idea if it looked okay or not, uniforms aren't my strong point.

I recommended the original poster ask your opinion on this shirt Joe after he had asked me some questions on it at WAF. I figured you would have an idea if it looked okay or not, uniforms aren't my strong point.

Thank you. You helped me a lot with this.

Well, that's impossible to say of course and that's the problem with items like this because the boy who wore that stuff was just as able to swap insignia and buttons as the modern-day collectors and dealers. As long as the parts are original the history is still there in my opinion. As you say though, 'unmessed-with' is the ideal case :)

I know that Garry, but being that everything else matches, I am willing to believe that the buttons were just not replaced. And when I decide to sell it I will have all of the information posted so everybody would know all the facts.

Back