Hitler Youth ice hockey jersey

Thanks Received
Hello, im searching for any pictures or people who have the Hitlerjugend ice hockey jerseys in their collection or on photo

Thanks!

Hi Ewan,

No, the ice hockey shirts were not regulated. The order regarding voluntary sport activities within the Hitler Youth says that for ice hockey the following applied:

All team members must wear the same colour of shirt and trousers. Any shirt appropriate for ice hockey could be worn. The HJ cloth diamond could be worn but was not required. However, uniformity was required so if the diamond was to be used, it had to be worn by all team members. The position of the diamond was either upper left arm or chest. If the boys were members of a civilian ice hockey club it was permitted to wear a 5x5cm club patch on the shirt. I just flicked through a few issues of the HJ sports magazine "Sport der Jugend" from the late 1940s and the photographs largely confirm the information in the order with the exception that the directive on the size and position of the hockey club badges is clearly being ignored :)

Hey Albrecht, I have never said there would be a 2nd part for the handbook!​
The handbook was just about triangles and shoulder-straps. I had never the intention to write a book about other HJ cloth- insignia.
When time comes there will be a volume about HJ and ns-schools for the headgear-series. But, I have no idea if that particular volume
will be written soon? Plans did change and other organizations will come first, that's for sure!

I had to try and see if you wanted to do it! If not I really think someone should to do it!

Do you know how much time such book as the "Handbook" takes with that size?

One must have at least 1,500-2,000 photographs, to cover many or most of the
subjects and to make choices. One needs at least one year for preparations and
another one is needed for the writing. If not having the 1,500-2,000 photographs
one should get a lot of help, as when one has to buy them, that would cost quite
some money (not to say a lot of money). You must be aware of the prices. And
what do you think a book brings, other then a lot of efforts, when it is needed to
buy a lot of photographs?

Not to mention the fact that not much publishers are waiting for such a heavy book,
due to the fact of the shipping prices and above all collectors do not like to spend
80-85 dollars for a book and another 40,- or more for shipping! Figure out who is
willing to do that job these days?

You have reason, and actually your Handbook it is for me a very good reference on HJ history and specially shoulder boards and triangles. Just missing one about uniforms and the rest of insignia. Angolia's and Littlejohn books need to be updated, and get a nice new book in colour.
Anyway I give you thanks for do your handbook because for me it was like a revolution on my collection, I alwais have it in hands!

Hello,

I don't think the mentioned books will ever updated. Littlejohn died some years ago and
I have heard Angolia even did withdraw himself from the police-series, which he did with
Hugh Page Taylor. Angolia is being replaced by Yerger. Angolia apparently is not into
TR anymore.

Best regards,
wim

If any such photos exist, I would think the Rob Newbrough would possibly have them. He has many unique H.J. sports uniforms and items. He has shown me photos of a very very rare handball jersey worn by an H.J. member from his collection. He has also written a two volume set of books on the subject of sports in nazi Germany.

here is one lifted from the WWW and posted on the FB HJ page Darrin , what sparked this whole thread off :)

a mate has the books you mention and i have seen some of the stuff within , very good it would seem!

:thumb:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
But these are civilian ice hockey shirts with a HJ patch. The patch is "HJ" but the shirt is not itself "HJ". So put a HJ cloth patch on an old sports shirt and sell for 4 times more than what it ks truely worth? That is the danger here I think.

I agree with Trommeller. There is no "HJ" ice hockey or "HJ" handball shirts. Only the patch is specifically HJ. For handball, football, field hockey and basketball (these are all included under one heading) it was the same story as with the ice hockey shirts. Any shirt could be used and the same proviso was given that all team members should wear the same colour and type of shirt. For these particular sports, the cloth diamond was to be worn on the centre chest. However and as ever, exceptions can be found and I remember a nice photo of a BDM field hockey team where the diamond was worn on the left chest.

Back