Hitler Youth Scarf knot

Thanks Received
... with a remainder of the label

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice Lauri. How are the loose ends finished? Thread or a metal crimp?

salut
comment reconnais t'on un vrai noeud HJ??

A vast debate because they were produced throughout the 20th century. Ideally prefer those made in ersatz material, not too brownish like the leather exemplar. Try to find them with RZM label is very difficult.

salut
comment reconnais t'on un vrai noeud HJ??

These knots, Halstuchknoten, toggles, slides (too many names for one object in my opinion :001_smile:) are difficult because they were not a HJ-specific item. Unless you can see an RZM stamp or tag to help you, you will never really know whether it was made during the TR period, before it or indeed after it. The RZM stamps and tags are a help but they have of course been faked like everything else so as I say, it's difficult to give a 100% answer on authenticity. Do a search on the forum for 'knot' or 'Halstuchknoten' or ''toggle'. You'll see quite a few which you can compare with yours.

Edit: Looks like I was still writing when you posted your answer Lauri :) Oh well, two answers for the price of one :)

I see nothing about this one Garry. The ends are not retained by something as this model from a private collection.

Attachments

Okay Lauri. Thanks. Yes, that one you show is 'Vorschriftsmäßig' :thumb:

My knots have now found a beautiful scarf :france

Attachments

Hello Lauri,

great scarf-knots. Textbook manufacturing with the correct natural color. With your knots the tag is attached
as according to 1938.

I have scanned the manufacturing-regulations for them from 1936 and 1938, which were published in the
"Herstellungsvorschriften" (manufacturing-regulations) from the Reichszeugmeisterei.

a) b) c)

a) The text as to according the 1936 manufacturing regulations. The same knot was valid for DJ, BDM and JM;
b) The text as published later that year while the knots were allowed to be made from a subsitute material: Alkor.
c) The tag that should be positioned onto the box. The knots were NOT seperately supplied with an RZM-tag;

d) The text as to according the 1938 RZM manufacturing regulations, to be made from Alkor. The RZM tag is now
included in the form as shown with Lauri's knots. It was especially noted that each knot should have a tag.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Wim.
Thank you for the various regulations. I did not know the regulation of 1938 and the term "Alkor". Very useful :thumb:

Beginning of 1936: Lederknoten;
Later that year and 1938: Halstuchknoten.
In the beginning, so until the mid of 1936 the knots were from real leather and should have a
quite "pale" look. But we all know that darker leather types were in use, due to the fact the
boys brought them from their old organizations (when they earlier had been in another youth-
organization or whatever).
It is also obvious it was allowed to have three or four woven strands and were as such worn
by HJ, as well as DJ, BDM and JM.

Thank you Wim, now i understand why the difference between Lederknoten/Halstuchknoten!

Have you some reference about this distinction grosse/kleine ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Back