Hitler Youth Scarf knot toggle dark/black-ish

Thanks Received
My knot has a steel stud holding them together on the :cursing:
back and just like this on eMedals.

is it REAL HJ??

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

With knots if they are not specifically marked RZM it's difficult to tell if they are period items. These have been in use by pioneer and scouting organizations for many decades. Original unquestionable knots will be stamped "RZM" on the leather. This knot you have would look just fine for display IMO, even if it's not RZM marked.

Original youth knots are brown in the regulation beginning 1934. Light or dark brown (not black) knots with RZM only are the ones where one can say "regulation". Some boys wore old scout knots like Gefolgschaft said and these could be black.

Dark/black knot!.

Attachments

Okey. Nice. It's period and thats good.
Funny that eMadels list it as HJ,and not just period jused knot.:biggrin1:

Why do you think it period? It could be one year old. No proof that it is from 1933-45 and not Hitler Youth regulation so not of interest for HJ collector when compared to regulation brown items. Emedals does have no clue what it is and has just slapped "HJ" in the description to sell but their one is very dark brown at least. Yours is black.

Mine is just like the one on pic.! Guess nothing is for sure. Smell old to. :thumbup1:

Mine is just like the one on pic.! Guess nothing is for sure. Smell old to. :thumbup1:

No your one is black, emeddals one is dark brown and the one on the photo of the boy could be either. There is a regulation toggle for the Hitler Youth movement so some things definitely ARE for sure :)

I will try to find a thread where a member has showed a regulation toggle and will post a link when found but if you search the forum you will surely find one or two.

edit, here is one: Leather knot

and here: Hitler Youth Scarf knot

more: Hitler Youth Scarf knot

Deutsche Jungvolk in volksschüle 1941

Servel young ones with black knot in TR period.

Attachments

Servel young ones with black knot in TR period.

Like was said before, regulation item is light-brown. In use this toggle got darker so those boys in the photograph are not necessarily having black toggles. Could be used regulation. Black toggles are not RZM.

I know. The boys jused them before RZM period to in all types.
It could have been jused by an HJ/DJ BDM/JM 'How knows'
eMadels think so!. Servel black'ish on pictures i have seen.

Back