HJ Knop - (Knoten)

Thanks Received
Halstuchknoten toggle knot
Hallo meine Kameraden,

I have a question regarding the typical HJ Knop.

Was this Knop introduced by the HJ or it was taken from other organizations? did the Boy Scout organization have this Knop too?

I have been trying to look for a bit of info (for a friend) but I dont know where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Antonio, its a question ive asked myself, ive herd they were used by scouts before and after the war, how you tell a TR one from the rest i have no idea unless your lucky to find one with an RZM mark. Pete.

hey

Mhm. Don't know either. I know it's used still by the scouts nowadays. (exactly the same model) So why shouldn't it be introduced by the scouts, before the war? But i don't know..:(

Hi, Antonio.
I do not know unfortunately occurrence and introduction HJ Knop history.
I can tell that they were different, I saw a little different in colour shades, a thickness of a skin and the sizes. Practically all have no brands, but meet and a brand. I attach photos of one of the HJ Knop with brand RZM.
Yours faithfully, Ilya

Attachments

These knots or toggles or indeed slides were used prior to the HJ period. The RZM regulations on these give a short description of how the HJ version was made but whether it was a design introduced specifically for the Hitler Youth or just the integration of an existing design into the inventory I couldn't say.

facts are unless it has a rzm mark you will never really know when it was used,could be before, during or after they all look basically the same

No RZM mark - no proof

facts are unless it has a rzm mark you will never really know when it was used,could be before, during or after they all look basically the same
Stuart is absolutely right with his statement. In my German Scout collections I have same and similar knots and they are used up today. I have only photos of pre 1933 Scouts using this knot but no proofe that any of the knots that i own was used before 1933. So: no rzm mark no proof. On the other hand I have knots which were definitely bought between 1933 and 1939 which do not have any marking, just like those after 1945.

I've had some with RZM marks and some without and compared them side by side. They seemed to look the same to me. I even had one with the paper RZM tag and the cardboard label and it looked like all the others I've had in hand.

Back