HJ Kurze Hose (shorts) Rare early pattern .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I was lucky enough to win these super rare early Hitlerjugend pair of shorts (Kurze Hose) on ebay.de 6 weeks ago for a really good price 89 euro ...thats about 100 US dollars . These early brown shorts are 10 times rarer than the black shorts . The shorts are in good condition , used but not abused .

Can somebody tell me when the HJ went from brown shorts to black shorts ?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Can somebody tell me when the HJ went from brown shorts to black shorts ?

Yes, as Eric says, 1937. This was mentioned in passing here. The order concerning the change from brown to black (see attachment below) was issued in November 1936. Essentially, the process involved the collection of all regulation brown shorts and breeches and their dispatch to local firms who then carried out the dyeing process using the colour authorised for this purpose. The process had to be completed in a two-week window (1st to 15th of January 1937). A reduced price was in effect during the period of conversion and those who failed to get their shorts dyed at this time had to pay double.

As I mentioned in the post I linked above, the black "Genuakord" shorts were subsequently introduced but as yet, I haven't been able to find a regulation for that and hence a date from when it can be said that the production of black cotton shorts officially ceased.

This content can only be viewed by: Blue Group members.

Attachments

Thank you for the quick answers . I did not know that most of the existing stock of brown shorts were dyed black per manditory regulations .
I have yet to find a dyed black pair of HJ kurze hose that were originaly brown .

Back