Hj leader jacket offered and have questions

Thanks Received
Hi
A museum visitor offered me hj leader jacket for sale. I have not seen it, just he described it. Since I had never one in my hands I got a few questions to be prepared when I go to check it out in about 2 weeks.
He described it as follow.
Yellow brown sand color,2 shoulder boards with red 110 (Heidelberg) with 3 pips and a silver band(i guess Gefolgschaftsführer) ,a white lanyard.
Well that sounds for now ok but I want to make things shure and knowing where to look at.
The buttons are the pebbeld silver 19mm ones?? Is the size for the pockets the same? The buttons for the boards are the ones with the numbers but are they shoney too or greyish like the normal number buttons?
He mentioned the white schnur i guess its Stammführer, do the boards with the 3 pips and silver band go with that?
Oh yes and there is the Armband and district Süd Bden on it.
I know many questions but i want to be prepared...
I will also take pixtures as i visit there.
Regards
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

The rank is Obergefolgschaftsführer which was indeed compatible with a Stammführer lanyard after 1939 when the lanyard changed from showing rank to showing the wearer's appointment. The wearer of the jacket would have been appointed as leader of a Stamm but in the rank of Obergefolgschaftsführer. The rank range for appointment as Stammführer was Gefolgschaftsführer to Oberstammführer. :thumb:

The shoulder straps for Obergefolgschaftsführer were the standard black straps with red piping (or blue, pink etc for Flieger-HJ and so on). So, all seems fine so far. Looking forward to seeing pics of the jacket when available.

Photos will be required to give any sort of opinion or evaluation Dirk. Look forward to seeing them so we can possibly help you out.

Thank you very mich!as soon as i have pictures i will post them.
The rank pips have to be 11mm right??

Hi there,

10.5mm with a tolerance of plus or minus 0.2mm. This is certainly the case in 1936 in accordance with RZM manufacturing instructions. Whether they changed after that I don't know.

Per regulations yes , however ; I have seen numerous shoulderstraps with larger style wehrmacht pips as well .
Thank you very mich!as soon as i have pictures i will post them.
The rank pips have to be 11mm right??

Back