Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

HJ Tunic Opinions

Hi Guys, this HJ tunic has seen better days for sure. If you owned it would you restore it or just strip it. The buttons have all been resewn, the belt hooks are resewn on. I dont know why but they resewn in black thread along the bottom. Whats your thoughts??????
    Thanks
    Shawn

Attached Images Attached Images

More pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would totally restore it , Just remember to used well used insignia that has been taken off of HJ shirts/uniforms . Send me a personal message .

hi,
    I would defitely go for the restoration.
    As Joe, already indicated; a used tunic needs used insignia.
    Once completed with these, you would own a great piece, one that could well become the centerpiece of your collection.
    wizardelf

I agree. With insignia that matches the wear on the shirt this would look great.

Would you guys leave that black sewing around the bottom or take it off and resew with the correct thread? Also how were the buttons attatched and were they all the brown buttons? Thanks

I would remove and resew with the correct color but I don't personally think it matters that much. The buttons should all be the brown type by the way like the one shown in pic 4 in your first post. The bottom button is correct and you should also have one of those at the collar.

yeah,a nice project