HJ Underwear?

Thanks Received
What would an HJ have worn as underwear?

Boxers? Briefs?

Linen? Cotton?

Any ideas or pictures?

I would asume Boxers . Also , I dont believe that the HJ/BDM Rzm regulations were strictly enforced when it came to undergarmets .

Speaking of underwear, i once spoke to this guy from near me, who was living up near the swiss border in Konstanz in 1945, and he said that after the war, because things were "rare" the kids mothers made them underware and swimming pants out of old Nazi flags.. and he said that he was not alone, that in 1945-46 it was very common to see young kids swimming around the bodensee wearing disticly red pants, with bits of black and white, that you could see 100% they had been made from old HK flags !!

Speaking of underwear, i once spoke to this guy from near me, who was living up near the swiss border in Konstanz in 1945, and he said that after the war, because things were "rare" the kids mothers made them underware and swimming pants out of old Nazi flags.. and he said that he was not alone, that in 1945-46 it was very common to see young kids swimming around the bodensee wearing disticly red pants, with bits of black and white, that you could see 100% they had been made from old HK flags !!

the most expensive breeks in history! :scot

As far as i knew, all the armed forces, incl. HJ, worn the traditional German meat-n-2-veg-tracht.... or in layman's terms, the Adam-costume.
Paul will recognize it, i believe around the late 60s, all Canadians were required by law to wear a Maple leaf instead of boxers... that was a German invention - as you can see.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Miss Magnolia Thunderpussy has a wonderful collection of HJ pictures at ipernity: Hitler Youth - Hitlerjugend by Miss Magnolia Thunderpussy
They show some HJ in underwear - which seems to be a gray boxer.

As previously stated by Trommeller (post #5) there is no such thing as "HJ" underwear, only "underwear worn by young people who happened to be members of the Hitler Youth". Even the Third Reich left some things to personal choice.

Back