HJ uniform

Thanks Received
hi guys how does this stuff look? i think the shirt and shorts looks ok boards match only thing that troubles me is the cap and the buttons on the shirt any opnions?

cheers ewan

admin edit: ebay link removed as auction has expired

I saw this as well. This is what I noticed. The stamp in the shirt has a 1943 date. The straps are pre 1938. They do match and appear to be slipped on. Only pre 1938 straps I've seen that are slip on are modified. Also the buttons for the straps are wrong. Somebody did thier homework and matched the insignia, but I doubt any HJ was still wearing this style strap in 1943. IMO it's been added for sure by someone well after 1945. That being said if the price was low enough some correct post 38 straps in the slip on style could be added. I don't like this set up much myself and would hold out for something better. It will sell for way too much IMO. Here's some pictures for reference.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I saw this as well. This is what I noticed. The stamp in the shirt has a 1943 date. The straps are pre 1938. They do match and appear to be slipped on. Only pre 1938 straps I've seen that are slip on are modified. Also the buttons for the straps are wrong. Somebody did thier homework and matched the insignia, but I doubt any HJ was still wearing this style strap in 1943. IMO it's been added for sure by someone well after 1945. That being said if the price was low enough some correct post 38 straps in the slip on style could be added. I don't like this set up much myself and would hold out for something better. It will sell for way too much IMO. Here's some pictures for reference.

thought it was a bit to good to be true that, the boards also look alot older than the shirt, wasnt going for it but thought i would post it, darin did you see the hj rain cape aswell? finished at 160euros i think. was bidding on the plain white bdm blouse, but the price ran away over 180:blink:

I saw the raincape also. Toby had a great one recently and I think Pete was selling one here too. I don't bid on uniforms as I am an insignia guy. No surprise on the BDM shirt. They are hard to find, many used post war due to shortages, etc. Expensive when they turn up in good condition.

Gefolgschaft;;23374 said:
I saw the raincape also. Toby had a great one recently and I think Pete was selling one here too. I don't bid on uniforms as I am an insignia guy. No surprise on the BDM shirt. They are hard to find, many used post war due to shortages, etc. Expensive when they turn up in good condition.

i bought tobys a little while back yes, the bdm shirts an most hj gear you can see it was easy used postwar so this explains why the hj uniforms are thin on the ground i just seen a pic the other day took post 1945 of two young boys with the toes cut out of hj boots and it hammered home how bad it must have been. i would have payed the finishing price on the bdm but i am off on hols next week with my daughter Leah so could if had been a week before or after i would have tryed harder i will get one sometime might not be soon tho :rolleyes:

Back