HJ winter tunic for a scharführer

Thanks Received
Here's my winter tunic :) When I got it 8 months ago it had the wrong straps for a Hauptgefolgschaftsführer and relevant lanyard, but they weren't matching with the district triangle. Finally I found a new pair of straps and lanyard. I am quite satisfied by the result. What do you think?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi, looks very nice and well done in getting the set finished, but id like to add that this i belive is a DJ leaders service jacket, allways confusing i must admit, from 1937 HJ straps and arm band being introduce for these leaders to be worn. . im just interested in wether the loop is on the back for the belt to go through and the two ramps either side to carry the belt, from your shot, is there a fourth button hole at the bottom ? and how many belt ramps at the front, looks like 2 but maybe some missing or hid behind the sleves, any eveidence of the material being cut and sewn over at the bottom edging?? and have the belt ramps been reinforced?? This would be interesting to know zeller as ive never come across one before thats of the usual pattern given out in HJ manuals, i find that there sre cut downs or DAF reussed. ive got this niggling feeling thou of seeing a jacket like yours in a period photo of some HJ boys being trained in berlin, ill have to try and locate. cheers for now pete.:thumbup1:

Hi Pete, there are 5 hooks (Ramps?), 2 on the front and 3 on the back. It has a silk lining on the inside and from the finish definitely it has not been shortened.
Not sure on what you mean for a belt loop, but I don't see any? There are 3 buttons only . matt

I think these HJ kids are wearing the same bluse

Attachments

Last edited:
this isnt the standard hj winter blouse, never seen any standard hj stuff with silk lining,did they wear these short winter jackets late war as i cant find any pics of them , or is pete more in the right direction

Last edited:
the kids in the pic are wearing the standard winter blouse which is very diff from yours, have not got a pic of mine handy but heres a pic from angolias book, you can clearly sdee the diff

Attachments

Last edited:
here's a quick shot of the inside of the bluse

Attachments

hi matt
if you look at the pic i posted tnen at the kids pic you posted you can see they are wearing the same note the button configuration and how diff this is to yours

Hi Stu , yes now I noticed that it's different. I quickly looked at the books I have and couldn't see any similar one. This leaves me with the doubt...what is it? The triangle appears to be stitched there period.
Maybe Pete could clear this

there is a jacket pictured in angolia's book on the HJ vol'1', butg as i ststed its for DJ leaders, very similar to the one posted abovem would be a much more rare than a winter blouse, but the rams put me off, but there are diffrences from time to time, as for a silk lining, ive never had a leaders jacket or blouse so could not comment, perhaps some of our other members here could add some comments on this jacket;)

I just found a picture showing a very similar tunic on Philip Baker vol 2, page 77. Check it out, it could be the same tunic. I see the ramps as well. Here's the picture, for those who doesn't have the book. The picture description says HJ leaders.
I don't know much about the story behind my jacket, but it came with quite high rank shoulder boards (hauptgefolgshaftsführer) and lanyard. Since the boards did not match with the triangle, I replaced them. I also have the trousers and the cap, posted already here on the forum. All belonging to the same person.

Attachments

Last edited:
stu, its page 67, and zeller yes they do seem to be wear the type you have, id like a better shot though to be more certain.

heres a scan from angolias showing the dj leaders jacket, hope this can help.a pic from the back of the jacket might help as there are diff in the number of clips on the waistband
thanks for the page number pete could not see for looking

Attachments

thats the one stu, next page theres apicture of one being worn, ansd on page 46 theres another shot of the two that zeller has posted, these are hj leaders on a trip to japan and the refrence states that they wear'' special'' uniforms. as ive not had hands on with one of these uniforms then this book is the only refrence that i have on this jacket, wouldnt it be nice to get one in hand?:thumbup1:, pete.

I believe that is a DJ leaders tunic. Note the collar is the laydown type and not the standard button up style.

The drawing looks like my bluse, with 1 difference: there is no tag (but could have been lost or detached) and mine has 5 ramps not 6. 2 on the front and 3 on the back.
If it is a DJ leader's bluse, should it have also the sieg rune? I have to look if there was sign of it. The kids in the pics look HJ though, is it possible that this bluse was used by HJ leaders as well?
Last question: now I need the relevant boards right? Is it possible that the kid wore this with its original hauptgefolgschaftsführer rank?
Here's another shot of the same HJ guy in Japan. It looks like my bluse

Attachments

Last edited:
Back