HJ winter tunic for a scharführer

Hello

For me the question is : what are the differences between a DAF Werkschar jacke without insignia and a DJ Führerbluse ? (except the RZM label)

Lauri

Last edited:
zeller, according to regs, by april 1937, leaders wore rank shoulder straps of the HJ, also the sigrune patch was replaced by the HJ armband, as to what ranks etc im sure somebody with better understanding will help.:001_cool:

Thanks Bronydd! Do you agree it is the same bluse in the pics above?

Lauri, I am not familiar with DAF uniforms. I thought the earlier reference was made if my bluse had been at some point modified or shortened, which it not appears the case. So why DAF? Do you have a similar bluse to post to check?
thanks

Hello Zeller

I'm just curious to know how to distinguish the two. They are very similar.

DAF Werkschar jacke :

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Here's a photo of some DJ Leaders Straps. They are more like boards, being really stiff. The color is a silver grey, and they are sometimes mistaken for Striefendienst boards that are dirty.

Attachments

Thanks Bronydd! Do you agree it is the same bluse in the pics above?

Lauri, I am not familiar with DAF uniforms. I thought the earlier reference was made if my bluse had been at some point modified or shortened, which it not appears the case. So why DAF? Do you have a similar bluse to post to check?
thanks

As for your jacket being the same as the picture, i cant say for sure, how does the cut of yours correspond to the regs diagram posted by stu, these diagrams from the book can be quite accurate, same seams, same pocket cut, same ramps etc, as for the DAF blouse, well its also very simular, youl have to go on your gut feeling for now. pete.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
An example of Führerbluse, more darker than dark blue :

Attachments

From Weitze dealer :

Attachments

From another forum :

Attachments

Hello Lauri
it's a big puzzle! It has some details that makes it look more close to the HJ bluse, but the buttons are different. However, in the period pictures in Japan the buttons were silver. The lining is similar to the DAF one and also the buttons, but the wrist band is different and mine has not been shortened for sure.
No markings on mine as well.
With regards to the sketch, it looks like my jacket, with the only difference of the ramps, mine has 5 and both the leader and DAF have 6...

The one from Weitze has different pocket design but 5 ramps...the one from another collection looks like mine but different lining

Last edited:
Matt, maybe Joecool will have an idea. He owns a few leaders uniforms. The picture of the one you posted from the other forum has an edelwiess on it. The straps look like 444 Nord, Nordmark? I don't think that edelwiess would go with that strap/area, it's more for Tyrolian HJ. I could be wrong. Edit just noticed that Lauri posted that photo not Matt.

Last edited:
You're right. On my last photo, insignia are wrongly applied.

From the 1937 OB :

Attachments

im not keen on the one on weitze site im afraid, the first one posted by lauri is the one for me, an absolute stunner,thanks for posting.

i just found another tunic looking like mine on littlejohn's book the hitler youth, page 105. it is not for a leader, it has the same rank as mine and it's for landdienst. Now it's more confusing!

yes,looks the same! This thing is drivin me mad, I spent so long to find the correct bann straps and now I don't know if I am back to square one or if it is legitimate.

hi matt,
i dont think you have to worry about it being a good jacket , the prob is what good jacket is it so far we have about 5 diff options all have their matching points but all have their unmatching points so far the closest i have seen is the daf one on the ewaf site , can you post a pic of the reverse of yours

Here are some extra shots of the back of the bluse, with details.

Attachments

Last edited:
I noticed there was a label on the inside of the jacket, but now only the glue remains.
One more shot of the sleeve lining and the inside pocket

Attachments

Last edited:
ive noticed all the dj leaders jackets have the large belt loop in the centre of the back, yours hasnt so maybe it is daf , but them again why the dj/hj buttons unless they where added later /??????

Back