HJ winter tunic for a scharführer

Hi Stu, I don't feel like the buttons were added later. I am checking the inside of the DAF jacket posted on WAF and mine and they are different. I also don't see the inner pocket like on my jacket?

It is an interior of a Werkschar jacke, the lining was partially removed/reworked. There is a pocket inside the jacket.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Another one, complete with his RZM label.

Attachments

Hello Lauri, could you post more details with the same angle of mine so we can compare?
Your jacket looks a bit different from the one on waf.
So your conclusion is that mine is daf too?

It's all that I have, these two jackets are not mine.

Buttons are DAF but wrong model, belt hooks removed :

Textbook example :

Attachments

Thanks Lauri, these pictures are very useful.
here are my observations of details NOT present on mine:

1) different position of the rams.
2) number of rams: mine has 5 whilst this DAF has 6
3) eyelet on the collar.
4) belt loop

What is interesting is that...it looks like a HJ leader jacket too.

I'm really interested in your opinions guys

Attachments

the belt loop on the reverse is the one thing that seems to be on all jackets other than yours?????

Yes, I noticed that too! But I cannot see sign of thread or removal :confused:
I am really too rookie on HJ uniforms so I cannot say anything; I can only post more pics if required for letting you guys to find the solution to this dilemma. All I can say is that it doesn't look manipulated and buttons and triangle appear period applied. There was probably a label on the neck of the jacket and the size is quite small.
I'll owe a beer to anyone who finds what the heck is this jacket.

PS- I keep looking at the "japan" pics and at the jacket for HJ landdienst that is on Stephens book. Question: is that possible that these jackets were worn on special occasions and were not for DAF or Leaders? The DAF jackets I am seeing here and on WAF right now are quite different from mine and look more like the sketch on Angolia book.

Last edited:
One more thing to add here. Jeff Hammond once told me that some HJ items came with black DAF buttons on them and that they are legitimate. I normally take what Jeff tells me to the bank as fact.:confused:

Hello Darin
bring Jeff here !:laugh:
Seriously,mine has all the black buttons HJ-DJ.
But now I amso confused that the DAF tunic posted before looks to me as the leader tunic in the sketch! Are me missing some piece of the puzzle? Or maybe we should go back to the DJ trail?

even though not everybody seems shure of its origin (as it seems to me) I think its nice one!

mayby someone will find whats wrong about it and post it here?!

It would be great to have a collector of Jeff's caliber here, but I don't think he does any forums Matt. He's sort of private, but what I've seen of his collection is magnificent to say the least.

Hello Darin
if you have any chance to show him this thread maybe he could comment with you without signin in :) I really would like to understand what we have here.

Hello Zeller

No news on my side. I would have the solution yet.

Lauri

same here am looking but no joy for a pefect match, this one will be sorted though lol

Personally , I feel that these uniforms are the same for DAF and DJ Leaders , also some HJ Striefendienst units .
The same but with different Rzm tags and buttons .

i was just reading youth lead by youth vol2 and one famous picture drew my attention : look at the kid in the middle and the bluse he's wearing

Attachments

Back